MSU CHM, and the wait.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mossjoh

Mayo Clinic-PGY2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, the interviews went fairly well at Michigan State CHM. They said we should know by Tuesday or the next Tuesday, depends when the ADCOM gets to your file.
And I thought the wait for the MCAT was bad...this is shorter...but makes me more nervous!! :confused:

Mossjoh

Members don't see this ad.

Holy cow, you'll know that fast?!!
Did you apply EDP, because I thought we couldn't find out until after October 15th. I could've easily been mistaken though.
What kinds of questions did they ask you?
I submitted my secondary a little over two weeks ago, so I hope to be having an interview there pretty soon.
That is nerve wracking about the time table!
Best of luck Mossjoh!!!

No, I'm not EDP. but they will let you know as soon as they discuss you in committee.

Mossjoh

Members don't see this ad :)
Point of clarification for everyone. Yes it is true that MSUCHM will notify you immediately, usually personally by a dean over the phone, after the committee decides to accept you (which very well could be about a week after your interview)and this applies to all of the interviews... EXCEPT the September interviews. This is because all schools must wait until October 15 to announce acceptances for non-EDP applicants. They overlooked mentioning that exception last year also.

Don't mean to add even more time for you to fret and fuss. Also, I interviewed in September with one of my classmates, and although I found out I was accepted October 15, this individual did not find out until 8 months later. So it is possible that the wait may be longer I fear...

Best wishes to you all.

Peregrin-
MSU made it sound like we would know when the EDP students found out...if not..then just a week later! You're saying we have to wait until Oct 15!!?? Anyway, I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm just expecting the worst. If that worst happens, then I'm not surprised...if not, I'll be excited.

Mossjoh

Thanks for all the info at CHM Peregrin!

Hey Mossjoh,
I'm not sure if you remember me, but I chatted with you before. I thought you wanted to go to Wayne??? Although both schools are excellent, you shouldn't count Wayne out early.

No, Wayne is certainly an option. I'm just thinking of in state vs out of state schools now. I'm waiting to hear from Wayne on an interview yet Jimmybee, but you can be certain I'll be accepting their invitation.

Mossjoh