Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MSU-CHM vs. UIC

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Lucky21, May 12, 2008.

1. Lucky21

Hello all, Ive been lucky to have acceptances to both school. I am currently making a decision before the May 15 deadline and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on either of these two schools. Any type of input would definitely help. It is also important to note that for the Univer of Illinois I will most likely be in Peoria. Thanks in advance.

2. Dr.D-man

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'd go with UIC, it's a WAY better school. ;)

3. HKT586

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    here is my opinion -- i am a recent undergrad graduate from MSU, so i know many people who have attended MSUCHM over the years, and who are currently attending....

I also know many students in the DO program at MSU -- here is what I've noticed:

MSUCHM students do not score as well as their DO peers on exams (the MD and DO students have many classes together)... and the MD students seem far more overworked and depressed than my friends in the DO program.

administration as a whole is pretty horrible at MSU...

I interviewed at MSUCHM and was waitlisted -- after talking to a number of students, friends, faculty involved, they gave me advice that led me to withdraw from the waitlist.

Not to mention Dr. Shafer tends to have powertrips (from what I hear)... I know a lot of the faculty since my father did residency there.

Basically, choose UIC :)

Congrats on both acceptances -- good luck in your pursuits -- and whichever school you end up attending, make sure you ENJOY IT!!

4. M.Furfur

5+ Year Member

what do you mean?