Msu Chm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr_JAAAA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to MSU undergrad. 3.5 gpa, only mid 20 mcat scores. I got an email from MSU CHM saying I am on a wait list, I assume I have been reviewed once. What are my chances? anyone got any real knowledge or experience with this similar to mine, not just speculation? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Dr_JAAAA said:
I go to MSU undergrad. 3.5 gpa, only mid 20 mcat scores. I got an email from MSU CHM saying I am on a wait list, I assume I have been reviewed once. What are my chances? anyone got any real knowledge or experience with this similar to mine, not just speculation? Thanks

if you have gotten an interview and are waitlisted, your chances are fine. they only interview people they feel are good enough to be accepted. your chances are even better if the waitlist is ranked so you'll get priority, but most schools are not like that.

good luck

a mid 20 mcat will be tough to get you in unless you are a URM

Hey, I'm an MSU undergrad as well!

I don't know much about CHM, sorry, but I can give you the USnews stats:

Assuming you are a MI resident:
930 apply, 242 get interviews, 128 are accepted, 80 attend. 13.8% in-state acceptance rate, vs. 3.4% for out-of-state.

Your MCAT is slightly below their average, but GPA is slightly above. It really depends on the rest of your app.

If you've interviewed already, you have a better chance than if you waitlist is pre-interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else hear anything on MSU CHM???

i've been notified that as of 9/16, my file was complete and being reviewed by faculty and a grad student.

for those that have been granted interviews, how long did it take for them to finish "reviewing" your application and update you on an interview invite or hold etc.?

cfdavid said:
anyone else hear anything on MSU CHM???

i've been notified that as of 9/16, my file was complete and being reviewed by faculty and a grad student.

for those that have been granted interviews, how long did it take for them to finish "reviewing" your application and update you on an interview invite or hold etc.?
I was in the 9/16 "under review" groups and only reciently received an interview invite.

SailCrazy said:
I was in the 9/16 "under review" groups and only reciently received an interview invite.

I think I remember you saying that on one of the other MSU threads. Congrats, by the way. I hope to join you very soon.

I suspect I'm on some kind of informal hold or something though....