1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

MSU vs. WesternU/COMP

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DOC-2004, Dec 19, 1999.

1. DOC-2004

DOC-2004 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello everyone! Can anyone help me to compare MSU vs. WesternU/COMP? I have been accepted at MSU but just received an interview date for WesternU/COMP. Because I live in California, I have had the opportunity to visit WesternU/COMP's main campus. I was not impressed. The school's web site gives limited info., so I do not know much about the program's structure, residency options, etc...? I appreciate any help you could give.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

There's alot to be said about going to a med school which is affiliated with a "Major" University. As an out of stater your fortunate to have that opportunity. You must be a very qualified applicant. As a Michgan resident (familiar with the quality of an education at MSU), I recommend you take the MSUCOM acceptance.

------------------
    DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004

4. Paul's Boutique

10+ Year Member

Well, one way of looking at it is that you won't be distracted from your studies by the campus at Western U!

(and, compare: winter in So. Cal. v. winter in Michigan... hmmm....)

5. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Didn't you hear PB? The brisk weather up here breeds some pretty hearty doctors. Besides, there's nothing quite like spending a romantic evening with your lady, sipping wine befor a roaring fire on a cold windy Michigan winter night.

------------------
    DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004

6. Paul's Boutique

10+ Year Member

(LOL!)

Won't argue with you on that point, Gibby. However, I'm tired of the cold... give me the HEAT!!! Nothing like basking outside in the blazing sun, soaking up that UVA & UVB with my 'lady' by my side. Ahhh... I can just feel the melanomas already... [​IMG]