MSUCOM 2007 Meeting Place

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZashJMJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just found out I got into MSUCOM. Who else is going?

Where are you guys living? What are you doing in the meantime?

Drop a line or even Private Messege me.

We gonna be DOctors!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just found out today as well. I am so pumped up! Right now I live in Clinton Township, and I am interested in meeting my fellow classmates before school starts. I am going to work a lot to save money, and have as much fun as I can in 8 months. Congrats to everyone who got accepted to MSUCOM, and lets get together in the near future to celebrate.

Does anybody know (roughly) how many spots have been filled thusfar at MSUCOM? I've heard they are behind schedule in filling the spots... My husband will interview in January....

And to all of you already accepted, CONGRATS! I love MSUCOM and I hope to be a member of class of 2008. Also, I live in East Lansing so if anyone has questions about the area, I might be able to help.

Apartments: we live in a nice complex off of Hagadorn about 3 miles from campus. The company we rent from is great! Here's their info: www.amberapartments.com

There are ALOT of apartments in East Lansing that cater to the undergrad-- Stay far away from those!

:clap:

~Soleil~

Members don't see this ad :)
Soleil,

I am guessing that about half of the class has been filled. I know that they will not be doing anymore interviews until Jan, so they have probably filled half of their class. I might have some questions about the area in the future but I will remember your name and post.
If your husband needs any extra advice have him check out the interview feedback link because I posted my interview experience there. I interviewed there on Nov 25th and posted pretty much all of the questions that I was asked. If he needs any more advice I will be happy to help.

Congrats to everyone on getting in. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in the near future. I'm in the process of looking for an apartment right now up here for next year. Does anybody know where they are going to live or might live. Let me know.

I just called today and they want me to come back and interview again. There was a discrepancy between the two interviewers as to if i should be accepted or not. Even heard of this? I guess its good cause i didnt get denied but yet it sucks cause i have go go through a whole nother interview

i just got in today too! yeah! you guys are already looking for places to live? i'm still trying to realize the fact that i'm moving to east lansing...esp. since i'm a u of m grad. anyway, i'd like to get to know you all before we start in the fall...speaking of...do you know what date we actually start? july? august?

joshua...
i know that it's annoying that you have to go through that whole process again...but at least they give you that chance. what if they just decided to reject you rather than give you a second chance...i'm sure you'll do great! i hope you're our classmate next year.

for all of you who are certain you are going to be graduates of msucom 2007...PM me...i'd love to get to know you all better!

yeah for us!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations everyone! It is exciting to start hearing from my future classmates.

Joshua. Your third inteview will most likely be with a Dr. Baptista. She is very nice and very good at what she does. Expect a behavioral style interview. She will probably take you for coffee and just talk with you. However, your meeting with her will determine if you get accepted or not.

cbutler, where abouts in Clinton Twp? I grew up there and now live in Sterling Heights.

Congrats again!

How do you know that I would get Dr. Baptista? That would be great if I did because I had her last year for an undergrad course about osteopathy, OST 401, and she loved me. I am an MSU undergrad. I just want to be in so badly.

Joshua,

I sent you a private message

DZO,

I live at 15 and Garfield. Where abouts did you live in Clinton Twp?

Wow it looks like Macomb County is well represented in the Class of 2007. I'm originally from the 14 and Hoover area. So are most of you guys already through with undergrad?

Thanks for your help DZO. Im sure it will help me out. Im pretty sure I can lock my spot in if I get to chat with Norma.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by choppa
...do you know what date we actually start? july? august?
The first day of fall classes is scheduled to be August 25, 2003. Assuming they follow the same pattern as this year, you will begin orientation mid-July (we started July 15).

Want to see what you will be taking next year? Check out this link.

Congrats on getting into MSUCOM!

Just thought I would post another message for the class of 2007. If anyone is from the greater metro detroit area, send me a private message, introduce yourself, and I will try to set something up where we could all meet and get to know each other before school starts. If you don't feel comfortable doing this I totally understand, but I think that we should get to know each other before school starts so we will feel more comfortable when classes begin.

To all those who were accepted, CONGRATS! I look forward to working with you in the very near future.

ZashJMJ, I sent you a private message the other day, I hope you got it.

Hello all,
I posted in the other MSU 2007 forum but I thought I would write in this one too. I am very excited about MSUCOM, it was my first choice from the very begining (although I might be slightly biast since I am a currently a Spartan). I am definitely interested in getting together before the summer. Congrats again!

Hey everyone!!

I just thought I'd bump this thread up because I just found out I was accepted!! woo hoooo! I will definately be going to MSUCOM next year. So has everyone found a place to live yet? I'm going there this weekend to look for apartments :) So what is everyone else up to before they start classes? I'm still taking classes right now and I'll be graduating in May..but besides that I'm just relaxing :D Well..hope to get to know all of you better throughout the next several months!

SuzyQ

Congrats to you all. I hope I get the chance to call you all classmates one day (it is my #1 choice), but I haven't yet been accepted to MSUCOM (actually I interview there in another few weeks). I was wondering if anyone knows if they have filled their class, and if you know anything about out-of-state applicants chances. Any insight you have (since you have all made it successfully through the process) would be great.

What are your stats????
Just curious im an undergrad at MSU
phillips hall represents!!!!

MSUCOM has offered admission to 101 candidates for the class entering in Fall of 2003, with 16 currently on the alternate list, and 154 still to be interviewed.

I have my interview on March 14th - that is crazy because they contacted me back in mid January. Anyways, I am now afraid that all the spots will be filled. Those numbers posted on the web are from January (101 offers, 154 interviews to go). When I spoke with Linda she told me not to worry about my late interview date - What do you guys think?

I wouldn't freak out about a late interview. This year they are considering the idea of increasing the class size to 150. Plus you stand about an 80% chance of getting in if you just consider the numbers. If you get wait listed I wouldn't worry either. All of the people on the wait list last year got in. Just getting a chance to interviw is a big deal. Just relax and give them a good performane and I'm sure you'll have a fair chance.:D

Thanks Student4life - I appreciate the insight. Can you offer comments on your education at MSU? :) :)

I'm currently an undergrad at MSU. I was accepted to MSUCOM and will be attending this fall. I found out a few months ago, but believe me I had the same fears you had. Anyways, I'm sure you'll do fine and hope to see you at orientation. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.