Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MSUCOM APP. QUESTION

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Mav21, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Mav21

Mav21 Junior Member

Hey everyone I am sending in my MSUCOM 2nd app. this Friday and I had a important question for you. Right now I am working with an Osteopathic Neurologist who is a MSUCOM grad. from '84. He was going to include a reference letter with my 2nd app to support my application. Should I include this letter wtih my app. or will it be ignored because I have already submitted my evaluation letters?

Thanks for your help

-Mav :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doc Oc

Doc Oc Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It will be ignored. They accept the two forms only, which is their way of "standardizing" that part of the application too, so that all applicants are on the same foot. I did my undergrad there, and interviewed there (but decided to go elsewhere), and when I interviewed I asked about the forms and that's what I was told.

4. algae

algae Senior Member

At one school, I had submitted my 2 letters of rec when I finally heard from a professior who I preferred write me a letter. I called the school and asked them to disregard one of my previous letters and accept the newer letter in its place & this was acceptable.

5. Doc Oc

Doc Oc Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    TO add to algae's suggestion, if you are going to do this, call MSU to request another copy of their form. They will only accept recommendations on their form. Just explain to them why. The people in their admissions office are very nice, hopefully they will understand and send you a new form. I'm not sure if they still do this, but when I was applying, if you had any questions about your application, MSU required that you call and make a phone appt. to talk with an admissions person. They used to make you do this even if you had a small, easy question. I remember when they sent me my interview notice, they had used the same form letter that they sent everyone else, changed the address on top to mine, but didn't change the greeting line, so my letter had someone else's name on it! Coincidentally, I happened to know the person whose name it was, and I called her to make sure she knew she was on their list to be interviewed (we ended up interviewing the same day). I called the office to say there was a problem with my invite letter, and they tried to suggest that I make an appt,asked what it was regarding, and I said "Oh, someone else's name was on my interview invite" and they transferred me right away and apologized. They apologized at my interview too, which makes me think that they put little notes about the calls you make to them in your file (how would my interviewer's have known about it?) Anyway, good luck with this and with the whole app process.