MSUCOM & CCOM Still Interviewing???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Detroit Mick

The Supinator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if MSUCOM or CCOM are still conducting inteviews? If so, are all there interview slots taken up?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am interviewing at MSUCOM on the 15th, this Friday. As far as how many spots are left, I haven't the slightest.
Anna

I had my interview at MSU-COM on the 25th of Jan. Admissions committee reviews applications every wednesday.

From that point, they had filled approximately 50 spots. yes, they are still interviewing.

i hope to see everyone next year,
John, MSU-COM 2006.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview at MSU COM tomorrow!

Hey Westsidespartan- Good luck and have fun!!! Let me know how it goes!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anna

Best of luck to those interviewing at MSUCOM!

John, I'll see you there in August. To the rest: I wish you the best in deciding where to go.

God bless

Anna - I sent you a couple private messages in the past couple weeks... I don't know if you got them. Probably irrelevant now anyway though.

Hello Lighthouse,

Do you know when they'll start sending housing information and school stuff? All i recieved was my acceptance form and security deposit notification.

I'm pretty psyched to start med.school @msu soon. Glad to know at least one person in our class..John

CCOM is interviewing in March. We were asked to sign up to conduct tours today.

wsu (John), I have gotten stuff from the college about scholarships and such. Nothing on housing, but I think that is pretty much up to you. The students who led the tour when I was there said to line up housing as soon as you could, because East Lansing fills up fast with undergrads. Personally, I am going to live in DeWitt and drive in. This is due to spending the past 3 years in residence life and being a hall director, which has instilled in me a desire to get away from most undergrads.

Hope that answers your question. (?)

blessings,
Steven

Hey lighthouse,

Thanks for the infor..I better call the housing department than. I am looking at living in the graduate dorms.

Yes, i got the scholarship information as well. Other than that, nothing else..

Just to let you know, I interviewed at MSUCOM today and they are still scheduling interviews in April.

Anna, how did your interview day go?

My experience at MSUCOM was so-so. It was weird being the only interviewee there that day. My first interviewer offended me a bit with some belittling of my father's profession/education. She asked something like, "How can you possibly know about or prepare for the grueling years ahead?" I couldn't think of much to say, but since my dad is an optometrist, I said that he has shared many of his experiences from his four years at optometry school with me (often ranked as best in the nation), and perhaps it has given me a start. She replied that optometry school is no comparison to osteopathic school and there is no way I could use that to gauge what the real time committments/work would be like. Whatever. Like she would know, she certainly didn't have a professional degree. From then on she treated me like I was the most naive pre-med in the world.

Actually my interview went pretty well, I think. The first interviewer was kind of hard to figure out. She didn't smile too much, and was a little intimidating, but she asked some very interesting questions, very thought provoking. She asked me some pretty tough questions, but I think it was to see how I dealt under pressure. My second interviewer was switched because my original interviewer was stuck in clinicals. I was more relaxed with the 2nd interview and I think it went pretty well. The interviewer was very nice. She asked me a lot about my family and my parents' professions. She didn't say anything negative when I said my dad was a truck driver. I was told to call on Wednesday to find out if I got in or not. So until then, I wait.