MSUCOM Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pepper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on whether the recommendation form that MSUCOM sends-should be filled out by a D.O.? Anyone accepted or interviewed have some advice on this? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Pepper (edited August 17, 1999).]

Members don't see this ad.

HI
smile.gif

For any sort of serious question relating to medical admissions, you don't want to get second-handed information from some stranger off the internet. My best advice to you is to call the admissons office at MSU: 517-353-7740.

I'm a 2nd year at MSU. If your serious about the school, and would like to know more about it, let me know.

Hi,

I will be a first year at MSUCOM this year. When I was just starting "the process" I spoke with the admissions director about rec letters. She advised me to ask someone, who could comment uniquely on my abilities and motivation to become an osteopathic physician. I asked the local March of Dimes director (who I had worked with), and a research colleague. Both gave me excellent endorsements. Neither were DO's. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the info on the last post. I planned on calling admissions, but have also received some good tips on this site and thought I'd ask. Yes, of course I'm serious about MSU. Why would I take the time to apply in the first place??