MSUCOM Softball Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OsteoMed02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to all the MSUCOM Class of 2006 members!

I was wondering if anyone was planning to attend the "welcome" softball game on 7/27. I haven't gotten the details yet (it all went to the wrong address) but I am pretty sure that I'll be there! It would be neat to meet future classmates, etc. so please post if you will be there :) :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Is this just for COM? or is there a CHM equivalent?

Mossjoh

Hello Osteo,

I'll be there. So I look forward to meeting you and our classmates. Are you going?

John MSU-COM 2006.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mossjoh,

The SOASM (Student Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine) sponsors the softball tourney. The club is sponsored by MSUCOM but membership is open to both MD and DO students and there are MD students in the club although we'd welcome more.

There is no real boundary that I know of that wouldn't welcome your participation. Let me know if you want to sign up, I think the registration is $10.00 or something like that.

Later,

wsu,

I'll certainly be there. I don't think I'll be playing softball (softball has never been my strong suit...lol) but I definitely want to meet my classmates and just enjoy some great sun :) I'll see you there!

Julia
MSUCOM 2006 :cool:

Hey Julia,

Same with me. I think I'm just going to observe the softball game. Have you found a place to live yet?

John

John,

I am going to be living in Club Meridian Apts. in Okemos. It's about 5mins from campus and is very quiet! Do you know where you'll be yet? If you're not familiar with the area and need some suggestions, let me know. I went to MSU as an undergrad and would be more than happy to give you some advice. Take care!

Julia

Julia,

Thanks for your offering of help. I think I may live in Owen Graduate Hall.

John

John,

A doctor that I'm currently working with told me that Owen was a great place for him to stay. He said that you're never far from where you need to be and that it's very convenient...especially because you have the option of having a food service. Best of luck!

Julia
MSUCOM 2006

Hi there,

It looks like I won't be able to make it to the softball game as I think I am moving in to my apartment that day (Beacon Lake in Mason). However, I look forward to meeting you all at orientation!

Blessings,
Steven

Hi Steven,

Best of luck to you while moving into your apartment. I think I may be moving some things into my apt. in Okemos that day as well. Orientation will be here before we know it, so enjoy your time off this summer. I look forward to meeting you there in August!

Take care,
Julia
:D

Just got back from MSU yesterday. The weather was pretty humid and hot there. What time the softball game start? Hope you people have the softball game early AM or very late PM.

Anyone going to take the biochem test? If you pass, you don't have to take it. That's quite an incentive.

It's hot and humid everywhere in Michigan! I'm in the Grand Rapids area and it's almost unbearable here.

The game starts at about 11am. I'm just going to watch, but I hope that it's a nice day nonetheless.

As far as Biochem goes, I'm not going to bother taking the waiver exam. I had two semesters of biochem in one during undergrad and I don't think my background is strong enough to warrant missing out on it during the 1st year. I've forgotten a lot of that stuff and could use the "review." After all, there are the board exams! Best of luck if you are taking it!

Take care,
Julia
:cool:

I agree with Julia. I'm not going to take the biochem exam either.

"The game starts at about 11am.." OUCH! It gets HOOOOOT fast. Don't forget to bring yourself a big towel :D .

Hope to see some of you SDNers out there on Saturday. It's supposed to be a great day weather-wise! Don't forget your sunscreen :)

:cool:

I won't be able to make it to the game, as I am going on vacation from the 27th to the 4th, but I'll see you all at orientation! August 15th! I can't believe it is so soon!!!

Have fun at the game everyone!

Anna