MSUCOM Students Read Me!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cervezarob

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a newly arriving student for this year. I will be moving from California. I am married with 2 kids. I am hoing for some good advice on where to live. Maybe someone out there is selling a 3 bedroom house or townhouse. Any response will help. I will be visiting this weekend, May 3- May 7 and was trying to find someone to show my wife and I around the campus. If anyone is willing please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I would advise you to consider renting instead of buying a place since only a limited number of students can stay in the Lansing area for 3rd and 4th year (and a lot of students want those slots!) so you may end up having to move to another location in the state for your hospital rotations in 3rd/4th year.
If you do decide to rent, I used the website http://www.apartmentratings.com to help me narrow down which places sounded decent and then picked the one I liked best once I had a chance to see them. :) It worked out pretty well for me.
Good luck to you!

I went to MSU for undergrad, and there are a few options for living in the area. First, I lived in the apartments at 731 Burcham for a year up there. It was a little smaller, but wasn't too expensive, and was only 6 blocks from campus (+ about a mile to the med school). If you register for the site allmsu.com, there are DOZENs of apartment reviews on that site, plus info on everything else in the east lansing area, such as food reviews and everything. I lived off that site for most of my undergrad. I highly recommend it... www.allmsu.com

http://www.allmsu.com/members/collegelife/apartments/

I can't really stress that enough I suppose. Highly useful. If you have any specific questions on MSU or the area, or life in MI in general, just ask. I've lived there almost all my life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a dresscode for classes??? Also, what do people typically wear to the white coat ceremony? Any suggestions?

poptart - for the white coat ceremony dress as you would for your interview - as far as classes, from what I have seen on campus, there is not a dresscode for class

hope that helps!

thanks, ive heard that alot of med schools have dress codes and i just wanted to make sure i didnt need any special clothing for school. :)

MSUstarchild - i planned on wearing a black suit and pants (like i wore for my interviews). Do females wear skirts (considering the ceremony is in June)?

Thanks everyone. I found a great place in Haslett. See you all in a month. I;ll be the big guy from California.