MSUCOM vs NYITCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AshleyJane

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im really torn between MSUCOM and NYITCOM, the tuition breaks down to about the same for me. MSUCOM looks awesome as an institute, my only concern is that I won't match in the NYC area. Whereas NYITCOM matches consistently in the NYC area however, I read that recency NYITCOM is having difficulty matching and is not being transparent about this. Also, I'd like to go into pediatric EM.

Please help me out, any advice or opinions would be beneficial. Many thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time out of their day to respond.

Members don't see this ad.

As a disclaimer I’m WL at MSU, but considering that Peds is overall not a super competitive residency I would choose location and fit over other factors, also it sounds like you may be from NY so that MSU oos tuition may be significant additional cost

Members don't see this ad :)
As a disclaimer I’m WL at MSU, but considering that Peds is overall not a super competitive residency I would choose location and fit over other factors, also it sounds like you may be from NY so that MSU oos tuition may be significant additional cost
I'm from NJ so I'll be paying OOS for both. MSU tuition decreased this year for OOS, it's 65k. NYIT is about 60k. MSU just looks like a phenomenal school with a lot of resources. I don't know much about NYITCOM. I do have a husband who is in finance and is concerned with a move to Michigan. So I'm torn between what I feel might be a better more supportive education and a husband who wants to stay in NYC.

I'm from NJ so I'll be paying OOS for both. MSU tuition decreased this year for OOS, it's 65k. NYIT is about 60k. MSU just looks like a phenomenal school with a lot of resources. I don't know much about NYITCOM. I do have a husband who is in finance and is concerned with a move to Michigan. So I'm torn between what I feel might be a better more supportive education and a husband who wants to stay in NYC.
would you be at the Lansing campus or Detroit, job opportunities will be very different obviously between the two areas. If you do end up doing MSU you could always do Sub-I's in NYC if you really want to match there, obv. rotating there with NYIT also gives you an advantage for matching there too! Good luck with making a decision!

I'm placed at Macomb, waitlisted for East Lansing. But we talked it over, MSU seems to offer the better education and has more impressive matches where NYIT matches average hospitals in the NYC area. I hope you get off the waitlist 👍🏼 (I was waitlisted in March and accepted 4/30) and thank you for your advice.

I'm placed at Macomb, waitlisted for East Lansing. But we talked it over, MSU seems to offer the better education and has more impressive matches where NYIT matches average hospitals in the NYC area. I hope you get off the waitlist 👍🏼 (I was waitlisted in March and accepted 4/30) and thank you for your advice.
Hopefully see you there!!