MSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanna be a doctor

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any information on admissions to Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. Specifically what is the average MCAT, GPA, and other attributes that MSU looks for. I sent my application in last week, do you think I am too late?

Members don't see this ad.

MSUCOM is very competitive for an osteopathic school, nearly as much as MSUCHM or wayne state med. Their website claims the average GPA of a first year student is around 3.5, not sure about the MCAT but i'm sure it's in the 28-30 range

Hi...I interviewed and was accepted to MSUCOM in late December. Their avg GPA is a 3.5 and their MCAT is a 25. From my experience both at my interview and from a meeting with one of their advisors, I have found that they are like most osteopathic medical schools with respect to the emphasis they want prospective students to place on being an osteopathic physician. Besides a strong dedication to osteopathic medicine, MSUCOM wants people who are involved in some kind of extra-curricular activities (volunteering, working in health care settings, pre-med clubs). Unlike many schools, I feel MSUCOM is really concerned with getting to know you and not so much worried about how good/bad you did on your MCAT.

The good thing about their long application is that once you receive an interview, you normally will be accepted. With such detail on their app, they get a really good sense about you and what your goals are. Last year, they accepted 92+% of in-state students who where invited for an interview. The way I see it is that you really have to do bad at the interview in order to lose your spot.

Good Luck to Everyone!