Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MSUCOM's wait list??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by maxim728, Jun 13, 2002.

1. maxim728

maxim728 Member
    7+ Year Member

Anybody know if the MSU wait list is moving fast? I was Number 24 when it started ,and after 10 days moved to #9. That was May 31st. Now, after 2 weeks, I'm only #8. I only moved up one spot. Does anyone know if this is normal, that wait lists move fast initially, then move slowly throughout the summer as people already accepted leave due to them getting off of another wait list. I would appreciate any help or insight.
    Thanks-------- Go Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. willinghamwilliamwayne788

7+ Year Member

Maxim, I am also on the waitlist at state and I was also very excited when the list jumped so many spots so quickly. I have heard encouraging words from the admissions staff at com and they have repeatedly said that people on their waitlist either get in there or go to another school. So being an alternate at msucom is a pretty good thing, unlike many other schools. Besides that I can't say how things go throughout june or the rest of the summer. I have heard that june is the month with the most movement on alternate lists in general.

Best of Luck

PS Are you an alternate anywhere else?

3. maxim728

maxim728 Member
    7+ Year Member

hey wiliam, i am actually fortunate to have been accepted to two other DO schools. I would rather go to msu to stay in MI, otherwise I will choose LECOM. One quick thing though, has anyone on admissions mentioned anything encouraging to you about movement? I am just a little worried becuase comparing the month of may to the month of June's movement and seeing that ONLY 1 spot was moved is a little frightening. Anyhow, hopefully we'll both be lucky and become classmates!
    Anthony