MSW Admits 2015 University of Pittsburgh!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psycho_licious2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I have got an admit from University of Pittsburgh in School of Social Work for Masters in Social Work.
Can we guys connect through this medium, those of you who got admitted for this fall and my seniors who are studying there.
I would like to ask few questions:
1) How is good is the curriculum?
2) Are there any funding opportunities (I am an international student)
3) Are there On-campus jobs available?
4) In our internships do we get paid for it?
5) How easy it is to grab job after Graduation

Hoping to get answers for this questions ASAP as i have to respond regarding decision.

Thanks in Advance

Sakshi Bahree

Members don't see this ad.

I don't go to U of P, but just in case nobody else here does either let me say from my experiences that...
1) check the program out on the school's website, do a search on google, ask this question on gradcafe or reddit
2) check the school's website, usually there would be scholarships available, perhaps some especially for international students, U of P should have a webpage dedicated to student financial resources
3) every university I've ever attended has had numerous campus jobs readily available. once again, check the school's website, they should have a student job webpage
4) most internships are unpaid, there are exceptions, but I woudn't count on it
5) should be fairly easy to get hired for an MSW grad, quality of job, goodness of fit, salary, these things will be all over the place. so, a job, easy, THE job, meh, depends on where you want to work and how picky you are I suppose

goodluck with your decision, hopefully this helped a little, someone else might know more about the program, I would check out those other websites as well, especially the gradcafe social work page.

Reactions: 1 user
I see that you went over to the grad cafe.

http://socialworklicensemap.com

Look at your specific state and see what they offer as far as scholarship opportunities. I would also contact your program and inquire about fellowships.

Thank you so much @wesleysmith for such a detailed answer. I feel relieved that there are plenty of jobs out there. Thank you again :)
@submarine1991 : Thanks for the link I will surely check, I am waiting for my official letter, hoping for some good news in it *Fingers Crossed* maybe scholarship, otherwise il contact the program and inquire regarding fellowships :)