<----Mt Sinai Class 0f 2011 ---->

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does MSSM actually have scholarship/grant money? For some reason, I was just assuming their package would be all loans. Gosh, I'm crossing my fingers now! PLEEAASEEE MOUNT SINAI!

Yes they have grant money, part of my package was a grant.

Members don't see this ad.

I kind of think it's just going to be a few people, honestly...unless there are others who have been reading SDN/facebook but not saying anything. And yes, a little sign is probably the best idea. I volunteer to make it.

Hey guys, at the URM Revisit Weekend there were more than 30 students. So trust me, there will be around 60 of you at least during the regular Revisit Weekend. Our was a lot of fun! I'm sure yours will too. Enjoy and get to know really cool people.

My theory about the little activity on this thread is that MSSM has a reputation for admiting very relaxed and laid-back students. Perhaps they just don't do the whole SDN thing.

:love:

I just got my financial aid package, and..... ouch. My expected family contribution was totally unexpected. I hope one of you waitlisters reading this scores my seat :) .

Time to cancel my train ticket -- I don't think I should bother with the 2nd look weekend. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, at the URM Revisit Weekend there were more than 30 students. So trust me, there will be around 60 of you at least during the regular Revisit Weekend. Our was a lot of fun! I'm sure yours will too. Enjoy and get to know really cool people.

My theory about the little activity on this thread is that MSSM has a reputation for admiting very relaxed and laid-back students. Perhaps they just don't do the whole SDN thing.

:love:

I meant that there wouldn't be many people meeting up on Thursday night, at the Uptown Lounge before the revisit events start. I definitely think there will be a lot of people at the revisit though...should be a lot of fun! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I just got my financial aid package, and..... ouch. My expected family contribution was totally unexpected. I hope one of you waitlisters reading this scores my seat :) .

Time to cancel my train ticket -- I don't think I should bother with the 2nd look weekend. :(

Sorry to hear that! But, you should talk with Dale in financial aid before you rule out Sinai. When I emailed Dale some questions about financial aid, he got back to me right away. There are other ways to get loans to cover the family contribution...such as private loans. I took out a private loan for my post bacc and I plan on taking out mad loans of all kinds for med school since I don't qualify for any need-based loans based on my parents' income (although they are not paying for school).

sweet! out of work until monday! see you all soon...

heh, i guess i was just being a little emotional from the shock of the price. I came to the 2nd look weekend and had a great time! Nice to see all you cool people XD! loans...meh, oh well, they'll get paid off later -- mount sinai is too sweet of a school to pass up :D

After a very difficult decision process, I've decided to withdraw my acceptance from Mount Sinai. I'll hopefully be joining Vanderbilt's class. Good luck you guys! Mount Sinai is a great school and I'm sure you'll have a great time there!

heh, i guess i was just being a little emotional from the shock of the price. I came to the 2nd look weekend and had a great time! Nice to see all you cool people XD! loans...meh, oh well, they'll get paid off later -- mount sinai is too sweet of a school to pass up :D

same boat. Just got my fin aid package, or rather, lack there of......but it really is too amazing an oppurtunity to pass up. See you in the fall!

same boat. Just got my fin aid package, or rather, lack there of......but it really is too amazing an oppurtunity to pass up. See you in the fall!

I got mine the morning before 2nd look - all loans... but I figured so whatever. What's -$55,000 over a lifetime?

exactly, you only live once so go where you will be happiest. Im now officially done with SDN, have an excellent summer, i will try and do the same and i will see all you wonderful people at Sinai!

Sending my withdrawals today...it's official, if I want to go to med school, I will have to go to Sinai. :) No seriously, I'm super excited about MSSM. Can't wait.

just sent in my last withdrawal....i will be at Sinai in the fall!!!

I'm pretty excited too. Not sure why. Little bit nervous about life in the big city.

hey guys- has anyone been able to access the housing application yet?

Hey guys,

2 questions - what date did you all put that you need the housing to start?
- also, has anyone received their financial aid package in the mail yet? I thought we were supposed to get a paper one in addition to the email?

Thanks!!

Random Question: Are there any laptop deals offered through the school? Thanks.

Hey guys, congrats on getting accepted to Sinai. I am M1 (soon to be M2) so if you have any questions about first year or nyc or anything let me know.

I am looking to get a puppy or dog next year and I was wondering if there was any incoming students with canine friends who would be interested in getting an apartment with me. I ask this because aron hall does not allow pets and 2+ bedroom apartments are much cheaper than an studio/1br.

About the computers, Sinai has a dell page, http://www.dell.com/epp/mtsinai where you can get discounted dell computers/laptops, at apple's website, you can enter sinai and get the education discount as well (10% I think, which is nice for those swanky $2000 power macs) A few people in our class have tablet pc's and they like them for annotating power points or pdf's but all that is a matter of personal preference.

one more broad point of advice is RELAX this summer. We will ease you very gently into your medical school career. Travel, do research, work at mcdonald's if that floats your boat, just don't waste your summer gunning for anatomy.

I got mine the morning before 2nd look - all loans... but I figured so whatever. What's -$55,000 over a lifetime?

... more like $250,000, but hey who's counting? ;)