Mt Sinai/ George Washington/ Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blaise77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these radiology programs....anyone done an away here? How competitive are they?

Members don't see this ad.

Both actually, specifically NYC but I am also interested in the one in Miami

Members don't see this ad :)
All great places in general. I can tell you from more personal experience MT Sinai in NYC is a great place to learn. Excellent radiologists; also friendly/enthusiastic crew.

Anyone have any experience with these radiology programs....anyone done an away here? How competitive are they?

I did an away at GW a few years ago. Pretty laid back program, good interactions between residents and with attendings. I don't know how much doing an away there helped me, though, as nobody I interviewed with remembered me including the PD. It's a solid program in a good city, I didn't get that low on my rank list because I was looking to go elsewhere and ranked it lower for geographic reasons... fiancee had moved to DC for the year was the reason I did an away there.

I didn't get an interview at Georgetown and didn't apply to Mt Sinai. Georgetown apparently didn't have PACS a few years ago, though I can't imagine that's still the case. I bet Mt Sinai would be much more competitive than the DC programs given NYC is a very tough place to match for rads (similar to California).

I don't want a large Farva, I want a liter of cola!

I went to GW. What would you like to know?

One of the 4th years that interviewed there said that they don't allow moonlighting at GW. Is that true? If it is, does it make a difference? He also commented that the residents there just seemed very stressed and unhappy, which I'm willing to overlook cause everybody has a bad day every once and a while.

GW is high on my list for next year; my wife is halfway through the process of getting hired by the State Department, and it would be nice to live together while she's not overseas. :p