Mt. Sinai Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovemedhateap

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just got my first interview (at Mt. Sinai) and as I figure out how excited I want to get about this, I'm wondering if any of you hardcore SDNers who bought that MSAR thingy knows what percentage of ppl who interview get in there. Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

lovemedhateap said:
Hi,
I just got my first interview (at Mt. Sinai) and as I figure out how excited I want to get about this, I'm wondering if any of you hardcore SDNers who bought that MSAR thingy knows what percentage of ppl who interview get in there. Thanks all!

I think almost 50%! Good luck!

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 4,211 736 251 120
In-state: 1,021 253 92 57
Out-of-state: 3,190 483 159 63

Members don't see this ad :)
So exciting! I just got their invite too. When are you interviewing, lovemedhateap?

For those that have interviews at Sinai, did you receive a complete e-mail from them before you were invited for an interview?

TheMightyAngus said:
For those that have interviews at Sinai, did you receive a complete e-mail from them before you were invited for an interview?

No you won't. If you want to know your file status you must call at the specified times they give. (mon/wed? 1-4?)

How long were you guys complete before they asked you to interview? Just curious, thanks!

SuzieQ3417 said:
How long were you guys complete before they asked you to interview? Just curious, thanks!

I was complete for a little over a month.

SuzieQ3417 said:

I never verified my completeness, but it was probably around 3 weeks or a month.

woohoo, i just got an interview invite via email yesterday too! i'm scheduled for 12/15, though it sounds like they are quite flexible according to their email. i'm debating if i should go ahead and confirm this interview, or if i should wait for other possible NY interviews. at the very least, i can send an email to them acknowledging the invite receipt, and also try to explain my situation (and the cost of flying back and forth from hawaii to NY, multiple times at that) while working full-time. what do you all think?

and oh yeah, i was complete for about 3-4 weeks. and thanks for the MSAR breakdown, that's relieving news. i'm gonna freeze my a$$ off in december, but i'm still so excited!

kalenakai said:
woohoo, i just got an interview invite via email yesterday too! i'm scheduled for 12/15, though it sounds like they are quite flexible according to their email. i'm debating if i should go ahead and confirm this interview, or if i should wait for other possible NY interviews. at the very least, i can send an email to them acknowledging the invite receipt, and also try to explain my situation (and the cost of flying back and forth from hawaii to NY, multiple times at that) while working full-time. what do you all think?

Hawaii to NY... that's some serious traveling! They should let you in just based on the commitment you show by getting there :)

I got an invite to Mt. Sinai this week as well...but they scheduled me for Jan 9th, which i considered weird since they are a rolling school....

Risa said:
Hawaii to NY... that's some serious traveling! They should let you in just based on the commitment you show by getting there :)
I know, right. :D

so mount sinai IS rolling? i am worried now, cuz my interview date is also pretty late (jan 19th). i have a feeling that they invite the stronger applicants earlier in the process. how much of a difference do you guys think it makes?

I also have a Jan interview... seems like a lot of people on this thread have december or january interview times. Not sure how they offer their acceptances (it'd be nice to hear from someone who's more familiar with the process). If they do it like Michigan, then interviewing late is obviously a problem. Since I'd like to think that our interview times aren't implicit rankings of their opinion of us, I'd say, based on reading about rolling admissions at a Florida school in a different thread, that they probably only offer early acceptances to stellar applicants and the rest they consider later in the year. After all, if they were unsure about interviewing someone, they'd probably wait till the October MCAT's came out and then see how their applicant pool looked, as opposed to just giving them a late interview time.

Again, hopefully someone who's previously applied to Mt Sinai or knows someone who has will post.