mt sinai interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubbbie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
mt. sinai just offered me an interview for 12/18. That seems kind of late, no? Does anyone know when their interview season is? Also, I have another interview in NYC the first week of October. Do you think Mt. Sinai is conducting interviews that early and might be willing to take me then?

Or should I not be choosy?

Members don't see this ad.

mt. sinai just offered me an interview for 12/18. That seems kind of late, no? Does anyone know when their interview season is? Also, I have another interview in NYC the first week of October. Do you think Mt. Sinai is conducting interviews that early and might be willing to take me then?

Mine was for 22 Dec... kind of in the middle of holiday travel season! I'll either re-schedule it or use it as an excuse to avoid some holiday obligations. :laugh:

Mine came a week ago and is the first week of December. Not sure about rescheduling, but October seems pretty early if they originally gave you one two months later.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok, thanks for your thoughts. it sounds like their interview season starts later, so i'll just make two trips out.

good luck all!

I was just offered one today for 12/22, but I had to reschedule adn the earliest available they had was 12/8, so I think their interviews just tend to start later in the season...

I don't think December is superlate given that they interview into next year. Stay positive! :)

I got one for the first week of December. Looks like that is the interviewing season for Mt. Sinai

I got an invite friday for the 20th of October. I wonder why they skipped a whole month....

I got an invite friday for the 20th of October. I wonder why they skipped a whole month....

Maybe you're a better candidate. Maybe October is "Superstar" month for them, and I'm in the "meh" category.

Oh well, at least I got an interview.

I have one for 10/16, but I submitted early and got it a few weeks ago. It sounds like they're filling up fast . . . I'd take it!

I can solve the mystery of the "missing month". I was offered an interview on Nov. 1st, though I rescheduled it to Nov. 9th.

I just checked the MSAR and it says that the first admissions offers will be made 11/1. I just thought that was strange since most people have been offered interviews after that date. Does that mean that we are all late interviewers or we will hear within weeks of our interview date? Maybe insight from someone who currently attends Mt Sinai would be useful...
Thanks

browsing SDN b/c it's fall and I feel nostalgic...

I interviewed at Sinai around mid-Oct last year. I think it was one of their first interview days, and several of us from that day were accepted.

Good luck guys!