Mt Sinai Invite by eras NOT email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inositide

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to let you folks know, my invite from Mt. Sinai came only via the ERAS messages and not by email. This is very strange because all messages sent to ERAS are automatically sent to the applicant's email address. I have received all other correspondence from various programs directly to my email address and I hardly ever check my ERAS messages. For no good reason, I decided to check my ERAS messages today and noticed that an invite from Mt. Sinai was sitting there. However, it seems that for some reason Mt. Sinai's interview invitation did not come to my email address.

Anyway, they assigned a date on which they would like me to interview and wrote that I should get in touch with them to confirm the date or let them know if for some reason I cannot make it on the assigned day. The invite also states, "Interview slots at our program are limited and highly selective. If you do not wish to interview with us please let us know so that another candidate may have the opportunity to do so."

I am really glad that I checked my ERAS messages. The Mt Sinai invite had been sitting there for about 4 days!

I recommend that everyone check their ERAS messages every now and then.

Members don't see this ad.

That is very strange...I wonder if your e-mail spam filter caught this particular invite for some reason? Anyway, good to know something like that could happen since I had pretty much stopped logging into ERAS.

About Mt. Sinai, I wouldn't get too worried by that e-mail. I got the same one, and when I called to reschedule they were happy to do so. Despite the e-mail saying dates are "limited," they had many options available throughout Nov and Dec.

the same thing happened to me...except it was in error. They accidentally sent me an itinerary for an interview day, then quickly sent another message saying it was sent in error and that my app was still under review. All this went through ERAS, and I didn't get anything through my email account. Strange, huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
metastatic,

exactly the same thing happened to me as well.

Legend said:
metastatic,

exactly the same thing happened to me as well.

me also :( kinda bummed they retracted...

InternalWhizzzz said:
me also :( kinda bummed they retracted...

Same thing happened to me. At first I was psyched (although freaked out about the invite for an interview in 4 days) but thought the initial email had been lost. Then read the second email...Not so exciting.

GIMed said:
Same thing happened to me. At first I was psyched (although freaked out about the invite for an interview in 4 days) but thought the initial email had been lost. Then read the second email...Not so exciting.

so I'm assuming they sent that to all the people on their email list! :rolleyes: