Quantcast

Mt. Sinai MSTP?? Anyone heard anything, rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tolar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Wondering if anyone has been accepted or rejected from Mt. Sinai MSTP. I haven't heard a peep and I was complete in September....I called in and they said my app is still under review. Is this a nice way of saying I am on hold?

marionseven14

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
They are not holding everyone, as I have already been rejected, however they did seem a little disorganized. I called a few months ago to check if they had a recommendation letter of mine and after it took them about 15 minutes to find my file, the guy on the phone said it was complete, and they would contact me to let me know "if my scores were high enough", whatever that means. Anyway, at least its a good sign that you haven't been rejected yet! Hope this helps, and good luck!

tolar said:
Wondering if anyone has been accepted or rejected from Mt. Sinai MSTP. I haven't heard a peep and I was complete in September....I called in and they said my app is still under review. Is this a nice way of saying I am on hold?

lynnier79

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do know that some folks have been accepted already, and that interviews are underway. i have an interview scheduled on 01/31, but i dont know if that is in the middle of their season, or nearer the end.

i think they may have had a computer glitch at some point this season, though, because they sent out emails to many folks telling them that they had not completed secondaries although they had... so it might be worth checking with the office to ensure that you are complete if you think you are. i'm sure they would understand, seeing as this is teh first year they have gone completely online and i think it IS causing them some problems.

ImmunoANT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mt Sinai's MSTP also has ~2 spots for "MD/PhD-track thingy" (sorry, don't know what they call it exactly) but basically, you are accepted just like other 10 regular MSTP trainees, 1st yr of med school is paid, you receive the same amout of stipend. However, whether your subsequent 2-4 yrs of med school tuition will be paid depends on how your grades are in the first year. Your PhD years are paid by PI or department. Regardless, you will graduate w/ dual degree. They've had this for 2 years now. I don't know if they have it this year. If interested, you should ask.