Mt. Sinai post interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinsanity

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone interviewed at Sinai after January heard any decisions???

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed beginning of Feb, no word yet.... :cool:

Hey Dirtyone Did you interview on Feb. 5th???

Members don't see this ad :)
uhhhhh........I think, hell of a day.

Does any one know if we will hear soon from Sinai?? I interview three weeks ago and just can't wait for a decision.

Look. I interviewed in November and have not heard. Oh, well. I have kind of given up on them. I hope you guys have better luck.

Yeah, they seem to really be into making us wait despite their claims to be rolling--I interviewed in Oct. and am still waiting. :)

I remember trying to schedule an interview with Rachel at MSSM office and asking her for an earlier date. She said "why do you want an earlier date, we are NOT rolling, so it is not going to matter."

I don't know if this helps any of you but I believe they may decide on one's file but will send out acceptances in a bunch at a later date.

Has anyone been accepted to Sinai?? I have yet to meet one that has been accepted in the MD program. Ahhhhhh!!! when am I going to know!!

fyi, i interviewed at mt. sinai feb 8 and got my acceptance letter yesterday

Deltaman when was it postmarked??? Did you get an e-mail notice before the letter??

washington, dc. the letter was postmarked feb 21

I interview on feb 5th so Deltaman your news makes me really nervious. I hope my letter went out with your batch to get a decision soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone else other than DEltaman heard from Sinai recently??? Hey Dirtyone have you heard from them yet???

nothing in my mail today. ahhhhhhhhhh!!!

vin....no word yet....

•••quote:•••Originally posted by vinsanity:
•has anyone else other than DEltaman heard from Sinai recently??? Hey Dirtyone have you heard from them yet???•••••I interviewed back in November and was accepted in early January. Same with one other guy from this board I believe. From what I understand they are rolling. Sinai is a GREAT school but most likely I will be withdrawing depending on Financial Aid matters. Hopefully this will help some of you out :)

Hey Scooby is the acceptance letter a small one or big one???

I feel like I should be hearing from Sinai these days since I interviewed on Feb. 5. The waiting is killing me. I have already heard two people saying that they have recieved an acceptance these couple of days. Wait Wait Wait... I hope there is good new for me soon.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by vinsanity:
•Hey Scooby is the acceptance letter a small one or big one???•••••Umm...the letter is really really small. I think there were only two sheets of paper in it. One of congratulations and then one to send back if you want to hold your spot in the class. (I BELIEVE only 2 sheets..might have been three) :)

Thanks Scooby I really appreciate the info. I'm sorry for being so picky.

Any new news from Sinai anyone???

argh, going nuts. everytime i call i get put on hold for 2 hours to talk with diane bailey, only to hear her say that "no final decision has been made."

i interviewed jan.30, btw.

goddammit.

Choker I guess we are on the same boat but I interviewed a bit later. I am really hoping some letter will pop up any day now. I haven't checked today but I think it will just be another day of junk mail.

Hey scooby where do you think you will be going?

You guys need to relax. I interviewed on November 8 and STILL haven't heard anything.

Any news people???

vin: you are going to give yourself a hurnia.....
by the way, Sinai has already sent out the acceptances for Feb 5th group by e-mail, next week they will send out the waitlist notifications. good luck!! there is still a chance....

actually I am lying...

come on man relax, stay smooth....

you are crazy dirtyone :)

bump - Thursday will be 5 weeks since the interview I think I'll call then

let me know what they say!!!

I most certainly will!

Tomorrow will be four weeks post interveiw for me so tell what the deal is too. I personally think it will take six weeks but anything earlier would be nice.

I got in!!! :)

Congratulations E'O1!! :clap: :D :clap:

REALLY?!??!

wow, congrats!!!

tell me exactly what happened, how did you find out? did you call? what did you ask?

holy cow, now im nervous (for those of you looking on, e'01 and i interviewed on the same day).

Thanks Caliboy and Choker! Yours is gonna come soon A :) I"m actually at work - my mum called me to say that a letter arrived. I was like whatever - I thought it was something work-related (I work at Sinai and they are doing some big time lay-offs etc), plus the envelope didn't say Office of Admissions - just Mount Sinai Hospital/Medical Center. So then my mum read the letter to me and said that it was a big envelope. I need to let them know by Monday!

I have my fingers crossed for you Ardavan!!

Congrats!!! E'01, I guess I won't hear for one more week or so.

Congrats E'01, does that mean you won't be going to Einstein?

alright, while im happy for e'01 (even though i know she will prob. take the scholarship at einstein_ at least i would), i am now officially nervous. i dont know the process sinai uses, but i know it sucks. very few people have gotten in, and they've heard anywhere from 2 weeks to a few months after interveiw, and they appear to be notified in no particular order. they also have no clue as to a schdule of when decisions are going out. this is pretty unexcusable and i am pretty pissed off.

-really really disorganized.

-sorry, im ranting, but im nervous because i live in nyc and i interviewed with e'01.

For whatever it's worth, I interviewed Jan 11 and haven't heard yet. I guess I'd be nervous if I was still considering going there :wink: :D .

I notice their unorganized pattern also!! They seem to have a very weird system of accepting people. But I believe that if it is an acceptance letter it should arrive within six weeks. Has anyone been waitlisted or rejected post inteview at Sinai???? I haven't heard any yet.

Choker, which school?

Sinai or Pitt???

And why?

would have to visit both. while i feel pitt is a much stronger school, better clinical and preclinical training and more opportunities, (also w/o sinai's monster debt), i am leaning towards sinai simply because of location. i have been a new yorker all my life and have gone to school in the NYC for the past 10 years. i cant imagine leaving. besides, i really want to stay close to my family. so i would have to say sinai, but would visit both again.

has anyone been wating as long as me (post-interview)? I've been waiting about 11 weeks. I called them after 4 weeks. They said my file has not been reviewed yet.

Thanks for the congrats vinsanity :) This whole process is random. I mean I had a friend who interviewed late december and hear in Jan from Sinai. I wasn't expecting to get in at all - I had my secondary in back from July and even in October they were claiming they had none of my AMCAS application. I just think the whole thing is a bit disorganized and that there is no discernable pattern. Just hang in there Choker!

Dr. Kermit - the Einstein scholarhship is a big factor in wanting to go to there but that might be all the aid I receive from them - who knows. I figure I'd get my financial aid packages from the two and then make my final choice

E'01, send you a private message.

Does anyone know how Sinai comes to make a decision on a applicant?? They seem to be so random that you can't even predict when a letter will arrive.