Mt. Sinai rejection letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorsoontobe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a rejection email from Mt. Sinai today and I am just wondering if they mean what they said about "research accomplishments and strong recommendations" or it's just an email they send to everyone who get rejected:

"Three members of the MD/PhD Admissions Committee have reviewed your application to our dual degree training program. Your research accomplishments and strong recommendations attest to your commitment to research. However, given our extremely competitive pool of applicants this year, we will be unable to offer you admission.... However, should you remain committed to dual degree graduate training, we also invite you to apply for an alternative pathway at Mount Sinai: the "PhD-to-MD/PhD" track."

Members don't see this ad.

Doctorsoontobe said:
I got a rejection email from Mt. Sinai today and I am just wondering if they mean what they said about "research accomplishments and strong recommendations" or it's just an email they send to everyone who get rejected:

"Three members of the MD/PhD Admissions Committee have reviewed your application to our dual degree training program. Your research accomplishments and strong recommendations attest to your commitment to research. However, given our extremely competitive pool of applicants this year, we will be unable to offer you admission.... However, should you remain committed to dual degree graduate training, we also invite you to apply for an alternative pathway at Mount Sinai: the "PhD-to-MD/PhD" track."

Oh boy..... I think I'll be getting that email soon too.....

As for their comments, don't take it to heart. Although I haven't heard back from them yet, I have had my fair share of rejections and they always sting. Even though it's easier said than done, forget about it and keep going! I am sure you're a qualified candidate with great research experiences. Just think of it as their loss. Good luck with the rest of the process! :luck: