Mt sinai results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ellen Robb

DocMom
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats the most recent info on Mt Sinai?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the addmissions office said results went out this week. Anyone hear anything? I can't take the anticipation much longer!!!!:scared:

I read one person got accepted on Tuesday, but that's about all I heard. I haven't received a waitlist/rejection letter yet, and I am still waiting for a response, supposedly it was the last meeting.

Members don't see this ad :)
During the last cycle of depression-- I mean decisions-- after emails on Monday I received a letter in NYC on Saturday. I'd expect something Monday or Tuesday if this was indeed their last meeting. Good luck!

I never interviewed, haven't gotten my rejection yet...

The last adcomm meeting was 3/20, with acceptance emails going out the next day.

The last adcomm meeting was 3/20, with acceptance emails going out the next day.

but but but. i interviewed on the last day, and i didn't get an email....

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I withdrew my MSSM acceptance today. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

I still haven't gotten any letters...not even rejection.....is anyone else in the
same boat....is it too late to hope for at least wait list?:confused::confused: :confused: :confused:

yea same here, interviewed feb 27th with no word

can't be good news if last meeting was on monday

I got an invitiation to second look today. But I'm on the waitlist. What does this mean? Was I accepted and the letter's sitting in my mailbox right now? Or do they send this to all waitlisted applicants?

I just got the same email to go to revisit weekend. But I haven't gotten an acceptance email or a waitlist letter yet. I'm going to assume it's a waitlist so that I don't get my hopes up. Interviewed 2/26

how did you get your invitation? snail mail or email?

Members don't see this ad :)
What does the revisit email say?

I just got the same email to go to revisit weekend. But I haven't gotten an acceptance email or a waitlist letter yet. I'm going to assume it's a waitlist so that I don't get my hopes up. Interviewed 2/26

Same thing for me. Although i haven't been waitlisted or accepted yet. I interviewed march 1st. I wonder what this means!

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I called the contact number listed in the email. I said, "I got an email invitation for Second Look weekend, but I'm on the waitlist". Response: "Yes you are on the waitlist". Me: "So, is this sent to everyone on the waitlist?" Response: "Yes".
Bummer.

I am on the waitlist but didn't receive an email today about a second look.

So I guess not everyone on the waitlist receives an invite for the second look.

Same here, what gives?

Can anyone who got the e-mail either PM it to me or copy and paste the body into this thread....we're interested!

Oh. Well, I just barely actually READ the entire email. I had only glanced at it before since I don't know if I'm accepted or waitlisted. Basically, the invite to revisit was, at least in my email, targeted to URM students. Can anyone else confirm that this is what their email said?

I doubt that they would have revisit weekend for JUST minorities. Maybe I'll get another invitation from the admissions office instead of the CMCA.

this came up last year, I think we decided they sent the 2nd look invite to people at the top of the "unranked" waitlist and URM waitlistees. I base part of this on that one girl that was invited and on waitlist subsequently got in.. but again this isnt super concrete by any means

Just wondering...for those of you waitlistees who got an email today, did you guys write any letters/do anything besides submitting the form? ;)

Oh. Well, I just barely actually READ the entire email. I had only glanced at it before since I don't know if I'm accepted or waitlisted. Basically, the invite to revisit was, at least in my email, targeted to URM students. Can anyone else confirm that this is what their email said?

I doubt that they would have revisit weekend for JUST minorities. Maybe I'll get another invitation from the admissions office instead of the CMCA.

it is for URM, but I am a URM, so it seems appropriate. I just havent been waitlisted or accepted yet so its kind of confusing.

I got an email today and was accepted a few weeks ago, but I'm not a URM. Maybe the revisit for waitlists is like the Tier 1 Waitlist Penn Preview kind of thing (likely to get off the waitlist?)...I'm not sure.

just clearing things up: they do have a separate weekend for minorities. there's 2 emails, one from carmen duran-santos (for minorities), and one from jessica maysonet

just clearing things up: they do have a separate weekend for minorities. there's 2 emails, one from carmen duran-santos (for minorities), and one from jessica maysonet

Ah hah! Since the one from Carmen Duran-Santos is for URM's I assume that doesn't imply any sort of priority.

So it's the e-mail from Jessica Maysonet that we should have our fingers crossed for if we are waitlisted....;)

So did anyone receive an email for the revisit weekend (from Jessica M) who is on the waitlist but NOT a URM applicant?

With regard to waitlisted people attending, I hope they don't use the revisit as a way to gauge who's "really" interested...that would suck for us broke folk.

With regard to waitlisted people attending, I hope they don't use the revisit as a way to gauge who's "really" interested...that would suck for us broke folk.

Second that.

So I got my wait list letter.....Yeah...I guess!!!! How many people are actually on this list? How many actually can hope to get in?....And on another note....
How does UMDNJ rate compared to Mt Sinai? I could really use some perspective before sending LOI

It bothers me that there is a separate revisit weekend for URM's. We are all educated people from a wide variety of cultural and social backgrounds. Why do we need to be divided into racial camps? I know that this is the case at a lot of top tier medical schools. However, even from my interview weekends, I can see that self-segregation seems to occur even at top schools. I just wish the administration wouldn't help it out...

Just to clarify....so those of us on the waitlist and did not receive the 2nd visit email are pretty much assumed to be on the "lower tier" of the waitlist??

Just to clarify....so those of us on the waitlist and did not receive the 2nd visit email are pretty much assumed to be on the "lower tier" of the waitlist??

No, just not URMs.

I got my waitlist letter today in NY... soooo be on the lookout guys... even though we pretty much know what we're getting at this point:)

I would appreciate if anyone would answer that.

For the people who are going to the Second Look Revisit Weekend, could you post any information you heard from the Admissions people about the Alternate List and what to expect in the summer. Thanks and have fun!

For the people who are going to the Second Look Revisit Weekend, could you post any information you heard from the Admissions people about the Alternate List and what to expect in the summer. Thanks and have fun!

I called them this week and was told that the list is ranked and they can't say where I am on it. They said it has not moved yet. Maybe folks at the revisit will have more to say about it....

Anyone that went to the revisit know any news about the Alternate list?

I went to the April 13-14th Revisit weekend and they talked a bit about the Waitlist. They said that they do take into account Letters of Interest, and update letters, and anything that shows you really want to be there. Obviously, don't overdo it. Also, they say that since they are Rolling Admissions the waitlist starts moving early on. However, most of the movement will be after May 15th. If you are on the waitlist and want to get an estimate of your financial aid package, you must submit your Need Access and call the Financial Aid Office. That's about all that they said. I think the waitlist is big, but demonstrating that you love Sinai is a plus.