Mt. Sinai Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JennyL867

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already posted a thread on the same topic earlier, but I'm still having trouble figuring out what the adcom is looking for in this question:

What makes you special...someone who will contribute to the Mt. Sinai community?

I can definitely talk about parts of my application that make me unique....like volunteering/clinical experiences. But are they looking for more personal characteristics....like I was maybe thinking about talking about my cultural/family background or some unique hobbies? Or is either ok?

Members don't see this ad.

JennyL867 said:
I already posted a thread on the same topic earlier, but I'm still having trouble figuring out what the adcom is looking for in this question:

What makes you special...someone who will contribute to the Mt. Sinai community?

I can definitely talk about parts of my application that make me unique....like volunteering/clinical experiences. But are they looking for more personal characteristics....like I was maybe thinking about talking about my cultural/family background or some unique hobbies? Or is either ok?

Either of those should be fine. The main point I think is to be honest, rather than trying to write what you think they want to hear. I believe I ended up discussing how my unique undergrad major (music) influenced my personal development/personal characteristics. Your cultural/family background would probably be really good...I bet they would be more interested in that than in your clinical experiences, but I could be wrong. Good luck!

SuzieQ3417 said:
Either of those should be fine. The main point I think is to be honest, rather than trying to write what you think they want to hear. I believe I ended up discussing how my unique undergrad major (music) influenced my personal development/personal characteristics. Your cultural/family background would probably be really good...I bet they would be more interested in that than in your clinical experiences, but I could be wrong. Good luck!

I wrote about my music major as well! maybe it's not so unique :)