mt sinai secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinkid

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can someone please tell me how to get to the mt sinai secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

pocwana has a link in his signature to all the secondaries available online, if you can find him somewhere... :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
pocwana, I've always thought your avatar was very cute. :)

Hey,
I'm applying to MSSM too and as far as I can tell, they will e-mail you a secondary. I haven't recieved it yet though.

good luck

Originally posted by lady bug
pocwana, I've always thought your avatar was very cute. :)

thank you :)

pocwana, i called you a guy!!!!!! you are female right? aaaah, i'm sorry! :(

is anyone able to "write" directly onto this secondary pdf? I haven't been able to and I have the full Acrobat 5.0....

let me know if you've had any success. maybe i'll just wait untill I actually get the secondary and hopefully it'll be updated.

Originally posted by chopsuey
is anyone able to "write" directly onto this secondary pdf? I haven't been able to and I have the full Acrobat 5.0....

let me know if you've had any success. maybe i'll just wait untill I actually get the secondary and hopefully it'll be updated.

I still think the file is from 2002, so I wouldn't worry about it yet. But using the full version, you should be able to write on anything...try out the text box icon, where you create your own text box.

has anyone actually received the e-mail from them yet? just checking in....

on a different note, i just got an e-mail from a friend who goes to sinai saying that while his education has been great, to avoid the school if there's anywhere else i'd rather go and get into because so many people there feel as if they're on a "sinking ship" because of the recent financial problems. :confused:

i had a long talk with my pre-med advisor about it today (she called about something else, don't worry...), and she said that a lot of schools go through financial problems, especially in hard economic times (such as now), so not to worry about it yet.

just thought i'd throw that out there, even though i still love everything else i know about the school....

Hey Chopsuey, any luck yet with the Mt. Sinai secondary? I'm having the same problem--even with the full version of Acrobat, I can't enter any text. Is there anybody else out there who's had this problem, or am I just not using Acrobat correctly? I would think it shouldn't just be Acrobat, since I've been able to do all my other .pdf secondaries just fine. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by SilverAngel1110
pocwana, i called you a guy!!!!!! you are female right? aaaah, i'm sorry! :(

that's alright SilverAngel. and yes, i am a female. :)

I just downloaded the supplemental and added some text with adobe. which version of the 2ary did you guys d/l? I'd suggest downloading it again.

link to Mt. Sinai supplemental app

I just tried to using Pocwana's link, and I still couldn't get it to work....wonder what's going on...

Hey Pocwana, I followed the link in the email that they sent me. I don't have Acrobat on the computer I'm on now so I'll try your link tomorrow. Thanks!

Hey Chopsuey, any luck yet with the Mt. Sinai secondary? I'm having the same problem--even with the full version of Acrobat, I can't enter any text. Is there anybody else out there who's had this problem, or am I just not using Acrobat correctly? I would think it shouldn't just be Acrobat, since I've been able to do all my other .pdf secondaries just fine. Any advice would be much appreciated.

hey....just got back from a ridiculous wedding, but that's another story!

i got the Mt. Sinai e-mail on either Thursday or Friday (i'm too tired to check...here's a hint on that wedding: we left at 12:30 am yesterday and just got home an hour ago!! :( ).

Unfortunately, i don't have the full version at home, so i don't know if pocwana's link works or not. i suspect that the computer that has Adobe 5.0 might not be the "full" version, though i thought it was. anyone know how to tell the difference, besides that text box thing, which i don't really understand since mine only lets me select things? i might have to drive out to my college, where i know that they have the full version.

ok...i'm gonna grab some breakfast and crash...and then marathon shop for a suit. wish me luck on not passing out!!

I am also having the same exact problem with Adobe 5.0. I tried the text box and it isn't working either. My other applications work fine. Please help

just posted my version of the supplemental click here

for those using adobe acrobat 5.0, make sure you're using the right text tool. there's a "text select tool" and a "freetext tool" and quite a few others. adobe may not be set up so that the freetext is on the quick link bar, but if you open the file and type SHIFT+S you'll toggle between all a few tools until you get the right one. good luck.