Mt Sinai: Why are you special?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LapisLazuli

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone anguishing over Mt Sinai's secondary question? It seems to me this question wants us to take some creative risks, and discuss our personality in some sort of frantic Joycean narrative. Or am I misreading it... Are you guys just taking the safe "I'm good at this and this so I'll participate this and this way in the community" spiel? I'm pretty sure what they don't want to hear is why you'd be a good doctor, and they'll see who follows directions on this one. Or am I wrong?
Egh, I feel like Guido from Fellini's 8 1/2 with this question.

Members don't see this ad.

I interpreted this question as "Tell us something about yourself or something you've done that none of our other applicants have done." It doesn't have to be all out spectacular like curing diabetes, just unique like having the world record for most time on a unicycle. :) I'm writing about how me, my parents, and my brother developed a series of educational software which was the first of it's kind to have live neurological signals demonstrated for educational purposes.

Originally posted by AverageMan
I interpreted this question as "Tell us something about yourself or something you've done that none of our other applicants have done."

That's the way I interpreted it too. They probably wanna see your religious, cultural, and educational background (If you were educated elsewhere). Unique activities that you did would stand out, things like founding a web site, contributed to art exhibitions or won award in music performance, etc. (Well these are unusual stuff, obviously not everyone has done these)