Mt. Sinai's Online Coures Policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HuckleberryEven

Reaction score
So I was going through school's policies in regards to P/F and online courses during the COVID pandemic and I noticed that Mt. Sinai says this on their website: "Online Coursework and Labs - All Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 courses which were switched to an online platform will be reviewed in context of the entire educational portfolio and can be used to meet our premedical requirements”.

Why aren't they taking Fall 2020 online courses or Spring 2021 online courses? The vast majority schools were online till Spring of 2021 and it's not like COVID got magically better by the end of Summer 2020: it got wayyy worse. Did they just not update their statement or something?

Members don't see this ad.

You should probably reach out to admissions at that school. They can offer a more concise answer than any of us speculating on here can.

Reactions: 2 users
They also say this on that webpage:

MCAT - Given the cancellation of MCAT examination test dates in March, April, and May, we will accept MCAT scores from April 2015 through October 2020.

I'm sure it's just that they haven't updated their website. It would not make sense for them to rule out a significant (perhaps majority?) number of applicants for taking typically in-person prereqs that were moved online because of COVID.