1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Multible acceptance deadline?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Ray, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Ray

Ray Member
    10+ Year Member

Does anyone know when the deadline is to chose one school? I have checked the AACOM website to no avail.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jean

jean Member
    7+ Year Member

Students who were accepted to participating schools were given until mid-December to send their matriculation fee in the school. Does that answer your question?

4. Ray

Ray Member
    10+ Year Member

Not exactly. I am holding 2 seats (read: 2 $ deposits) at two different schools right now. I was accepted to the second one just a few weeks ago.

In order to prevent people from hoarding multiple positions at different schools, a deadline is usually agreed upon by the schools. After this deadline, each acceptee (?) must have made a decision to go to ONE school.

Thanks

5. jean

jean Member
    7+ Year Member

Have you contacted the schools to ask about the deadlines? You might want to do that after as soon as you decide on the school.

6. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Students holding multiple acceptances at allopathic schools have until May 15th to decide on one and then release the others. Does anyone know if there is any such "universal" date for the osteopathic schools?

7. LisaP

LisaP Member
    7+ Year Member

I know that LECOM gives you 15 days after receiving the acceptance letter to send in your $1,500 deposit. That money is non- refundable. Classes start earlier than most med schools so there are times that a student will transfer out in the first 10 days or so to a school they had been on the wait list for. This occurs because people haven't notified a school of their intentions until the last minute. I didn't have such a problem. I was accepted at my first choice and never applied to another school. :)

8. Ray

Ray Member
    10+ Year Member

Muonwhiz,
    I don't think anyone understands our question.

9. swdave

swdave Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I know what is being asked but I haven't heard anything to suggest this is the case at DO schools. I'm going to be speaking with the Azcom admissions director tomorrow and I'll ask him while I'm speaking with him.

dave

10. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Are you going to speak with the Admissions Director or the Dean or both? Good luck, and be sure to post up any juicy info you get, especially on the AZCOM 2005 thread! I'm nosy and I want to hear all about it!

11. swdave

swdave Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Ok,

My suspicions are confirmed that there is no agreed date for DO accepties to settle on just one school. The admissions director at AZCOM says it's something he is going to really push for when the schools get together. Of course the hard date idea may have backfired a little this year with AACOM having the problems with the web-based app deal.

Muonwhiz: no real dirt right now. I'll be meeting with the Dean on the 21st. :cool:

Dave