1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple acceptances only after May 15th

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by legobikes, May 17, 2007.

1. legobikes

legobikes bikes made of lego
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I just found out I'm accepted at OHSU and NYMC (and probably Drexel, waiting on the letter). I did not get accepted anywhere before May 15th. What is the protocol/etiquette for this? I mean, do I have some fixed time period within which to decide? Also do I "officially" know only once I get the snailmail (I found out about OHSU on the phone and NYMC via email)?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mr. Belding

Mr. Belding The Dude abides
    7+ Year Member

Is this really problematic for you? You aren't considering choosing either Drexel or NYMC over OHSU, are you?

If you are, lie to me. Say no.

Withdraw from the others. Pronto.

4. legobikes

legobikes bikes made of lego
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    most likely not, OHSU has obviously been my top choice for multiple reasons, and it has been a relief for me that I got word from them first, but I was just wondering if there was going to be a substantial financial aid difference and if I would at least get the chance to review the aid packages?

I know people are waiting so I will withdraw as soon as I am sure, but I would like just a little bit of deliberation time if I am going to receive all my decisions in a similar time period (<1 week). Is that reasonable?

5. bbabul01

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You should be given the chance to check out fin aid. But that may require submitting your forms asap and harassing the fin aid dept so they know you have a short time frame.

Typically it's a 2-week decision kind of thing. But it's all school specific so you should call them to find out. I can't imagine a school would withdraw your spot from you without notifying you in some way, such as an email saying your spot will be filled if you dont' respond in x-days.

6. cavergirl

Neither OHSU or NYMC gives much in financial aid - at least no "free money", all loans. OHSU is notoriously slow and I never got an award letter from them. I got accepted to both but am going to Dartmouth. OHSU is great though and I would definitely go there over NYMC or Drexel.