Multiple Acceptances????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DenmarkDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI, in leu of waiting for oct 15th I was wondernig something. I am expecting at least 2 acceptacnes form my 4 interviews so far and was wondering what i can do. I mean can i accept at both schools or must i decline one and then accept the other?

THX--denmarkdoc

Members don't see this ad.

You can accept both and keep both until May 15th. But by May 15th, you must turn down all offers but one. You're strongly encouraged to decide before May 15th though so you can open that spot up to someone else who really wants it.

You can accept both and keep both until May 15th. But by May 15th, you must turn down all offers but one. You're strongly encouraged to decide before May 15th though so you can open that spot up to someone else who really wants it.

ok. But on may 15 what happens if you have an acceptance but your also on a waitlist, that you really want to go to, can you keep both?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow . . . I don't think i'd ever say that i'm "expecting" acceptances anywhere. That's just bad karma, hope you don't jinx yourself . . .

but to answer your question, you can hold all the spots you want until May 15th. At least by March 15th, all the schools you applied to will be made aware of which schools you are holding spots at. On May 15th, you can only hold a spot at one school, and i'm pretty sure schools are allowed pull your spot if you are still holding spots somewhere else, or at least force a decision on you. You can stay on as many waitlists as you like for as long as you want, but you will not necessarily get your enrolment deposit back should you give up your spot after May 15th.

Don't feed the troll.

^ignore the troll and just answer honestly.

^ignore the troll and just answer honestly.

Honestly? I think it will be really hard for you to get ANY acceptances since you are not applying to medical school and you are some sad pathetic human being who has nothing better to do than sit on the internet all day trolling a premed forum. I honestly cannot imagine what sort of childhood led up to that but I imagine your current avatar is fairly representative.

do you get all those deposits back if you withdraw from acceptances by may 15th?

Honestly? I think it will be really hard for you to get ANY acceptances since you are not applying to medical school and you are some sad pathetic human being who has nothing better to do than sit on the internet all day trolling a premed forum. I honestly cannot imagine what sort of childhood led up to that but I imagine your current avatar is fairly representative.

MODs please read this post of his.

do you get all those deposits back if you withdraw from acceptances by may 15th?

You should ask the school, because I know of some schools whose deposit is non-refundable. I am sure it will tell you in the acceptacne packet.

HI, in leu of waiting for oct 15th I was wondernig something. I am expecting at least 2 acceptacnes form my 4 interviews so far and was wondering what i can do. I mean can i accept at both schools or must i decline one and then accept the other?

THX--denmarkdoc

You can sell the other acceptance to the highest bidder.....just kidding. You can accept both at this time but must decline one when you are sure that you will not be going there. This must be done by May 15th or earlier for schools that start classes earlier.

Will it look bad if schools see you holding multitple acceptances or will they just try and recruit you even more, with scholarships?

You should ask the school, because I know of some schools whose deposit is non-refundable. I am sure it will tell you in the acceptacne packet.

Hey, how'd you get THAT? Personally, I've had REALLY bad acne for years, and I could sure use one of those. What's in the packet? Really powerful steroid medications? Please let us know.

Hey, how'd you get THAT? Personally, I've had REALLY bad acne for years, and I could sure use one of those. What's in the packet? Really powerful steroid medications? Please let us know.

Where did it say I got one?