PharmDAB

5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
I am graduating from UMKC pharmacy school. I am originally from northern Illinois and I scrambled and matched with a residency in northern Indiana. I ideally would like to be licensed in all three states, as I am not sure where I plan to work or live after my residency. Any advice on how to do so? I've heard of score transferring but am not sure how it works. Do you have a "home" state license? Which state would this be in? Any advice is appreciated!

rph09

10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2008
Status
When you submit application for NAPLEX , that time you get asked about if you want to score transfer to other states too. NAplex score is always send to your primary state , no matter what.On top of that if you want to send your score to other states,this is the right time to do so.You need to choose the states where you want to be licensed and then click on transfer the score and it cost you $75 for each state . For Your primary state's score is you don't have to pay . only for the 2nd and3rd and so on states cost you $75.They might have incresed the fee I am not sure . But When I took naplex Last year I paid $75 for each score transfering states.Hope This helps you.

I am graduating from UMKC pharmacy school. I am originally from northern Illinois and I scrambled and matched with a residency in northern Indiana. I ideally would like to be licensed in all three states, as I am not sure where I plan to work or live after my residency. Any advice on how to do so? I've heard of score transferring but am not sure how it works. Do you have a "home" state license? Which state would this be in? Any advice is appreciated!

Stephie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2004
California
Status
I've also been reading on several states' BOP websites that score transfers ae only good for 1 or 2 years. In other words, you have to get your license in the state you had the scores transferred to within the time frame the BOP specifies.

almostlicensed

2+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Psychology
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS. Could someone PLEASE HELP ME with this question: I feel like I should understand the whole licensing process better but I am genuinely VERY CONFUSED.

Here is my situation: I have completed my postdoc and have fulfilled all licensure requirements for most states. I am doing a regional job search in New England and I also want to get licensed in a couple other states in case I need to move. Here is my question: I've looked at the applications for multiple states and I see that many states offer reciprocity after 5 years. BUT if I get licensed in State A, work there for only 2 years, and then need to move, will I be able to get licensed in other states? Or do I need to do my best to predict which states I'll need licensure for and open up a number of applications simultaneously, so that I can claim "New Applicant" status on all applications? (that seems ridiculous, but if that's the reality, I need to know ahead of time!)

bananawani

2+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I also am confused with multiple licensing. I want a license in MO and IL. I plan to get my main license jurisdiction in IL first (take naplex and MPJE in IL)... But plan to score transfer for MO.
So, does that mean I just have to take the MO MPJE to finalize my license in MO?

Thank you in advance!

Sep 4, 2015
Status
Pharmacy Student
I also am confused with multiple licensing. I want a license in MO and IL. I plan to get my main license jurisdiction in IL first (take naplex and MPJE in IL)... But plan to score transfer for MO.
So, does that mean I just have to take the MO MPJE to finalize my license in MO?

Thank you in advance!
If you do score transfer for NAPLEX, you still need to take the MO MPJE to actually be licensed for that state. I think depending on the state, score transfer usually valid for a year. Hope that helps! :)

Reactions: bananawani
Nov 16, 2013
Status
Pharmacy Student
If you do score transfer for NAPLEX, you still need to take the MO MPJE to actually be licensed for that state. I think depending on the state, score transfer usually valid for a year. Hope that helps! :)
Yes, I am in the process of getting license in some other states. Will use score transfer too. Survey of pharmacy law 2016 has the information about the validity of score transfers. Which means that in that time frame all the paper work and taking the MPJE (if that state requires it) must be submitted. Yes it is confirmed. Most of the states are 1 year. (Will not copy and paste that info as it seems that it has copyright in it and I hate getting in trouble). Go and check the BOP websites, they have the info there.