Multiple Surveys Intended for Pre-Meds, Medical Students, Residents/Fellows, Attending Physicians, and ADCOMs for Large Study Regarding Pre-Med ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Planes2Doc

I enjoy the nightlife
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I am conducting a large research study based on my prior threads about pre-med extracurricular activities (most recent being Planes2Doc's Ultimate Guide to Final Fantasy 7, Medical School Purgatory, & Typical Pre-Med Missteps). I am looking to see if the extensive extracurricular activities performed as pre-meds has an any effect on future performance as medical students, residents, fellows, and finally attending physicians. I am also asking ADCOMs from medical schools as well as the general public about their opinion of these extracurricular activities. I am mostly concerned about getting pre-med involvement in the survey, as they are the most difficult population to find. I'm hoping to have this published and to present this soon. I'm very excited that I can perform research on and publish something I'm very passionate about. The surveys are below:

Admissions Committee Member Survey: Admissions Committee Survey and Questionnaire

Pre-Med Survey: Pre-Med Survey and Questionnaire
Medical Student Survey: Medical Student Survey and Questionnaire
Resident/Fellow Survey: Resident Survey and Questionnaire
Attending Physician Survey: Attending Physician Survey and Questionnaire

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it! I am hopeful that this project can make a difference in the future. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2019-58 Request for Exemption- Approved- Vaynman.pdf
    82.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 2019-58 Request for Research Review- Approved- Vaynman.pdf
    78.2 KB · Views: 61
I took the premed version and accidentally turned in a nearly blank survey. If I go and try it on my other computer so the IP addresses will be different, would you be able to delete the accidental blank? Sorry about that!

This sounds like interesting research. If you are so inclined, I would love to read your final paper when its ready. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I took the premed version and accidentally turned in a nearly blank survey. If I go and try it on my other computer so the IP addresses will be different, would you be able to delete the accidental blank? Sorry about that!

This sounds like interesting research. If you are so inclined, I would love to read your final paper when its ready. :)

Thanks so much for doing that! We did an early pull of the data since I need that for upcoming abstract submissions (surveys are still open because I'll finalize the stuff probably in a couple months), so I just deleted it from the spreadsheet. No biggie. I'll let you know when it's *cross my fingers* hopefully published!

Reactions: 1 user