Multiple waitlist acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byunprime2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here ever heard of an applicant receiving multiple acceptances off of waitlists in the same app cycle? E.g. accepted off of waitlist A, then later accepted off of waitlist B. I know that some people who interview really well end up getting bombarded with lots of outright acceptances. Applying this logic to the waitlisted applicants, wouldn't the people who are able to get off of a waitlist be the most "attractive" candidates and thus be more likely to be pulled off of other waitlists as well?

Just looking for some interesting anecdotes to pass the time ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Most applicants receive only one acceptance regardless of whether it was outright or off a waitlist.

As someone who was accepted off two waitlists in my app cycle, I like how you think, though. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That is incorrect.
60% of all applicants get rejected
Just under 20% get a single acceptance
Just over 20% get more than a single acceptance

Just under half of all matriculants had a single acceptance.

Ah, sorry, I of course did not mean to say that most applicants get one acceptance- just that most of who do get accepted, only get one. But I'm clearly wrong about that.

This has nothing to do with the thread but your MCAT study plan was clutch and I haven't seen any of your posts in a while so this just reminded me and I need to say thank you again.

This has nothing to do with the thread but your MCAT study plan was clutch and I haven't seen any of your posts in a while so this just reminded me and I need to say thank you again.

Aha thank you, you’re so sweet. :) Glad you found it helpful!

Reactions: 1 user