Multiple Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sirius08

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First, a disclaimer: I know that I'm fortunate to have received multiple interview invites. I'm hoping for the best for everyone out there, and I know it's still relatively early in the application cycle.

However, I am 3 for 3 in terms of waitlists at schools that I have heard from. I know that my interviewing skills are okay/fine, so I'm feeling a bit discouraged about my lack of success so far.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? Or have a success story about multiple waitlists and eventual acceptance(s)?

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Sirius08,

don't despair, my coworker last year was waitlisted at USC, UCSD, UCD, and St louis. She got a call after may 15th and was acxcepted at both USC and UCD. I think they are waitlisting many more people now because of the additional mcat options. So its a good probability you will get in (she had a 3.6 GPA, 37 mcat)

good luck!

First, a disclaimer: I know that I'm fortunate to have received multiple interview invites. I'm hoping for the best for everyone out there, and I know it's still relatively early in the application cycle.

However, I am 3 for 3 in terms of waitlists at schools that I have heard from. I know that my interviewing skills are okay/fine, so I'm feeling a bit discouraged about my lack of success so far.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? Or have a success story about multiple waitlists and eventual acceptance(s)?

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone.

Hey Sirius08,

don't despair, my coworker last year was waitlisted at USC, UCSD, UCD, and St louis. She got a call after may 15th and was acxcepted at both USC and UCD. I think they are waitlisting many more people now because of the additional mcat options. So its a good probability you will get in (she had a 3.6 GPA, 37 mcat)

good luck!

Thank you for that story.

Is anyone else having a similar experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got put on a waitlist for my first 3 interviews, but just got accepted today, and have a few more interviews. dont get discouraged, most acceptances come from waitlist anyway. By the way the interview i thought i did the worst on was the school that ended up accepting me first.

Thank you for that story.

Is anyone else having a similar experience?

There's always the story of my friend with 9 waitlists before his first acceptance. 12 waitlists total.

Ended up at Columbia =).

Hang in there!

Hey OP, I just got waitlisted at a school that I really thought I had a good chance of getting in. I guess you just have to wait longer to find out your fate. I think being on the waitlist early helps. Also, I wanted to throw out a question as to how early it is appropriate/practical to send a letter of interest? I spoke to the admissions office at the school I'm waitlisted at and the lady I spoke with said that they would be taking a look at waitlisted applicants again in January and to not despair. I'm wondering if I should send a LOI right around then. I have just started a new job that I feel could provide a letter of recommendation, and so I want to wait a little before sending my LOI so that I could possibly include the LOR. Any thoughts?

I know you said that you interview well, but make sure by talking to your pre-med advisor to set up a mock interview. I think most of us are "confident" we interview well, when in reality we don't really know.

Other than that, keep your chin up...there is plenty of time and I think you will likely see an acceptance before this process is all said and done. And so the cliche goes, "It only takes one."

Your stats look good, by the way. I noticed Case wait-listed you, but remember that they typically see considerable movement in the wait-list come May.

Thanks for your encouragement and advice, everyone. I was feeling pretty down before, but your posts cheered me up. :oops:

pakola: I'm clearly no expert here, but I think it would be fine to send a letter of interest to a school that you're interested in. There are no rules in this process, and it seems that as long as you're sincere and describe some specific reasons about why that school interests you, I don't see how it could hurt. Good luck!

I can't speak for the SUNYs but Case is a private school. Private schools typically get more applicants than publics because OOS applicants are on equal footing with IS applicants. Case also interviews more people than the average school compared to how many acceptances they hand out - so alot of us got the post-interview hold.