This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2MinuteWarning

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would reach out to MUSC and see if they can match your scholarship. If not, it is hard to pass up a full COA

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously your decision to make. However, Wake Forest is giving you full COA, and it’s imo a much better program. Especially if you’re trying to match into a more competitive specialty. Take the cheaper option: Wake Forest easily.

Wake Forest is the better and cheaper option. Houses are also cheaper in Winston-Salem

For what it’s worth, according to your specialty interests, both schools have excellent home programs.
Derm: MUSC > Wake
Ortho: CMC (Atrium-Charlotte) > Wake > MUSC
Psych: MUSC > Wake > CMC

Last edited:
I was about to say "I stopped reading after full tuition scholarship" before going back to the title and seeing the full CoA scholarship.

Go ahead and find an apartment in Winstom-Salem you like.

So, MUSC countered with $15,000 extra per year. Still not full cost of attendance, but it does make it more difficult to turn MUSC down. On paper, I still think Wake is the choice, but a part of me still wants to say yes to MUSC. Any thoughts? As far as costs go, I wouldn't really go into any debt at MUSC as I would have some parental/familial support, but I obviously wouldn't receive as much extra funding. Also, how much should I weigh true pass/fail into this scenario? From what I've read, pre-clinical grades don't matter as much as clinical? Could MUSC not being true pass/fail be beneficial with step 1 going to pass/fail? Or would it be more beneficial to have true pass/fail at Wake?
That does make it harder, though I would still pick Wake Forest.

However, sounds like you deep down just really want to go to MUSC. So maybe just pick them, especially since they just narrowed the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.