MUSC GPR and AEGD still exist??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abogler612

"great set of mamelons"
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On their website the medical university of south carolina states that they have an AEGD and a GPR but there are no links to it. Furthermore it says that one should apply to the programs through PASS, however PASS has no record of a GPR or AEGD at MUSC. Anyone have any idea whats going on.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I looked into that program last year (if it's in Charleston). I wrote the director at the time and he said the program closed.

On their website the medical university of south carolina states that they have an AEGD and a GPR but there are no links to it. Furthermore it says that one should apply to the programs through PASS, however PASS has no record of a GPR or AEGD at MUSC. Anyone have any idea whats going on.

I have been in contact with faculty who seem to know what's going on. I was informed that GME funding (or lack thereof) was responsible for both programs closing. On the brighter side with the new school being built (estimated to be ready by 2009 but who knows), there are plans to bring at least one of these programs back along with possibly an endo program. Like I said, this is through my talks with faculty (take it for what it is worth); although, it would make sense to include these programs if you have the clinic space/chairs which they will.:thumbup: