MUSC PA School in Charleston, SC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RRTtoPAhopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I plan on applying to MUSC's PA program this July or next. Does anybody know anything about them? How competative? What they are looking for in there students? Any information would be great, actually.....

Members don't see this ad.

Competitive and high preference for in-state. Solid reputation and consistently high first-time PANCE pass rates and job placement for grads. Contact the school admissions counselors for more specific info. Good luck.

Competitive and high preference for in-state. Solid reputation and consistently high first-time PANCE pass rates and job placement for grads. Contact the school admissions counselors for more specific info. Good luck.

Thanks! I know they don't require a bachelors, just 90 pre-reqs, do you think it will be more beneficial to have it. Or do you think 7 years as a RRT and more credits than they ask for will be enough? Also, I have to take the GRE and Chem 2, should I wait untill next year?

Sorry for the lame questions, I just want to be competative.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know. I taught at MCG but interviewed for faculty at MUSC several yr ago. In general you are competing against many other excellent candidates who DO have a BS & all other prereqs + HCE so keep that in mind.

I don't know. I taught at MCG but interviewed for faculty at MUSC several yr ago. In general you are competing against many other excellent candidates who DO have a BS & all other prereqs + HCE so keep that in mind.

What a very very small world it is. I went to school at MCG. I was going to recommend he/she apply there or have they changed and started taking folks with a bachelor's at the least now?

Enjoyed my times in that part of the world and made some life long friends there as well.

I didn't know that Makati...if I did I would have looked at the class pictures in the hall and found you :) I was there 2009-2010 (almost 2 yr). Taught EM and other stuff. Notorious for writing hard tests ;)

I didn't know that Makati...if I did I would have looked at the class pictures in the hall and found you :) I was there 2009-2010 (almost 2 yr). Taught EM and other stuff. Notorious for writing hard tests ;)

They still do that? I figured when they got that brand new building/space they would have stopped that lol(or at least I am assuming they moved from the old building I was in.)

Anyway hope your well!

Yup, just a nicer building ;) from what I hear I was lucky not to be in the old one. ;) Bonnie's still kickin' ;)