MUSC Pharmacy Class of 2022 Applicants (Entering Fall 2018)

Sep 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I'd like to start this thread for everyone to share their stats about their applications, and if anyone gets interview scheduled and accepted.

To start off, I submitted my app for Early Decision to MUSC in Charleston campus on Sept. 4. My PharmCAS got verified on Sept. 12, but I haven't heard anything from the school. Has anyone got an interview scheduled from MUSC yet?

Sep 15, 2017
I'd like to start this thread for everyone to share their stats about their applications, and if anyone gets interview scheduled and accepted.

To start off, I submitted my app for Early Decision to MUSC in Charleston campus on Sept. 4. My PharmCAS got verified on Sept. 12, but I haven't heard anything from the school. Has anyone got an interview scheduled from MUSC yet?
I applied early admissions to UT! If i don't get in I plan on applying to MUSC. Can I ask your stats? I'm getting anxious and curious how mine compare to everyone applying. I got an undergrad in Chemistry with 3.4 GPA, Master's of business administration with 3.9 GPA, 97th % PCAT, 2 years of certified Pharm tech work, 1 years of cartilage regeneration research, played volleyball in college and had tons of volunteer hours.

OP
B
Sep 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I applied early admissions to UT! If i don't get in I plan on applying to MUSC. Can I ask your stats? I'm getting anxious and curious how mine compare to everyone applying. I got an undergrad in Chemistry with 3.4 GPA, Master's of business administration with 3.9 GPA, 97th % PCAT, 2 years of certified Pharm tech work, 1 years of cartilage regeneration research, played volleyball in college and had tons of volunteer hours.
Hi Jayhawk14,

Your stats looks very impressive! I think you shouldn't be worried too much. I'm anxious as well just like everybody else I guess.

I got a B.S. in Biochemistry with a 4.0 GPA, PCAT 90 percentile (Bio: 79, Chem: 99, Reading: 37, Math: 92, Writing: 2), 70 hours pharmacy exposure, 2-3 years experience in Biochemistry research, summer intern of a research program funded by National Science Foundation. My 3 LORs are from a research scientist, a retired medical doctor, and a pharmacist. I'm a long-term Red Cross volunteer, and a choir member at my local church.

I contacted MUSC today, turns out my application is under regular decision, not early decision as I wanted. They said they would put a note in my app to let the committee know. They also said that due to a 3-day delay in evacuation for hurricane Irma, they will send out interview notifications hopefully next week or next 2 weeks. The school was also nice enough to give me comments on my app that my app is "solid" and that I shouldn't be stressed out too much. But trust me, I didn't take that advice, not until I get accepted for real!

Hopefully you find these info helpful. Best of luck with UT and any school you want!

Reactions: Jayhawk14
About the Ads
OP
B
Sep 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Just an update!

I got a phone call today from MUSC, my interview day is Oct 6th!

OP
B
Sep 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I got accepted to MUSC! I applied regular decision.

PharmCAS application submitted: 9/20
Supplemental application submitted: 9/20
Notification date about interview: 9/25
Interview date: 10/6
Accepted: 10/13
GPA (overall, science): 3.98, 3.98
PCAT: 97th percentile
Experience: 1000+ retail pharmacy hours, 1000+ research hours (2 years), 120+ hospital pharmacy hours, 50+ emergency department hours

I wish the best to everyone! Can't wait to meet my future classmates! (And I may be looking for a potential female roommate(s) so message me!)
Congratulations! I'm not surprise you got in your stats look amazing!

Oct 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I have an interview for MUSC, but was also accepted into the University of Tennessee Pharmacy. Do you think I should even drive up to Charleston for MUSC? I go to the University of Florida. Thoughts appreciated.

About the Ads