Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Musc

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by T.S.garp, Nov 14, 2005.

1. T.S.garp

T.S.garp Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey anybody know anything about MUSC...good or bad? BTW i would search it but it didn't work...so any info would be great. thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. snobored18

snobored18 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I for some stupid reason decided to list it as a safety safety safety school...I've actually heard they aren't acredited (there as something on their site that was password protected sort of like RFU-CSM has...I mean if they want me to at least consider the place let me know what kind of problems might face it and its students)...I never turned the secondary in and am only replying to this because you are the first person to even mention it...I suppose it is still an MD granting institution in the US so it can't be all that bad...

4. Herman Bloom

Herman Bloom Member
    7+ Year Member

Do your homework, snobored. MUSC has creeped in and out of the US News rankings for years (right at the bottom...around 60 or so) and has had a major influx of reasearch $$ in recent years.

And listing a heavily state-affiliated school as a "safety safety safety" school is beyond stupid (MUSC takes 3-4 OOS students out of around 1000 OOS applicants each year...not great odds). Unless, of course, you are a SC resident, in which case you are an even bigger idiot for knowing nearly nothing about your own state institutions.

5. LO281OK

5+ Year Member

Hey guys! I interviewed on Nov. 11, 2005 and got my acceptance letter Friday, Dec. 2.

Anyone else in?

6. -Goose-

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i wish i was an SC resident, because charleston is the ****!

7. jhrugger

jhrugger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Charleston is awesome and so is MUSC, no two ways about it :thumbup:

Feel free to PM me!

jhrugger

8. annamarie

annamarie Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I second what jhrugger said! I interviewed there this past week and was *very* impressed. It's an incredible school! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: