Musculoskeletal Medicine for IM Residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apply Pressure

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if there were any good books/resources available that review common primary care musculoskeletal problems. I'm now essentially half-way through my residency training but feel as though my outpatient ortho skills are abysmal in terms of diagnosis.

I feel like a lot of the details get pushed aside by most providers because the treatment is typically the same --> NSAIDs + rest etc.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I was wondering if there were any good books/resources available that review common primary care musculoskeletal problems. I'm now essentially half-way through my residency training but feel as though my outpatient ortho skills are abysmal in terms of diagnosis.

I feel like a lot of the details get pushed aside by most providers because the treatment is typically the same --> NSAIDs + rest etc.

Thanks.

These two books are what you want. They're written with internists in mind and are pretty good reads (as textbooks go).

Dr. Anderson is also an awesome teacher...he does a noon conference to the IM residents here once a year or so and they always want more.