Music for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vanguard23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your choice of inspirational music to listen to while studying for or getting ready to take the MCAT?
Eye of the Tiger is I think a great one
Prelude to War(new Battlestar Galactica soundtrack) is a really nice military cadence one. 'Prepare for battle' type of music.
The Battle(Gladiator) is in a similar vein to the above.

Members don't see this ad.

all through undergrad i would listen to house or techno, etc etc on my iPod while studying. it serves its purpose b/c there's generally little to no lyrics; just fast-paced amped up sound. it's always kept me chuggin and it beats silence or the annoyance of other people's voices (IMO).

used to listen to debussey, chopin, bach, etc.. but i ended up losing fuel too quickly (i can'tassociate studying w/ music i use to calm my nerves... it's just not right!)

i wish we could listen to music while we take the exam. it'd be far better than having not one but 2 sets of silencers raping your eardrums. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
all through undergrad i would listen to house or techno, etc etc on my iPod while studying. it serves its purpose b/c there's generally little to no lyrics; just fast-paced amped up sound. it's always kept me chuggin and it beats silence or the annoyance of other people's voices (IMO).

used to listen to debussey, chopin, bach, etc.. but i ended up losing fuel too quickly (i can'tassociate studying w/ music i use to calm my nerves... it's just not right!)

i wish we could listen to music while we take the exam. it'd be far better than having not one but 2 sets of silencers raping your eardrums. :D

I am exactly the same way with Techno/electronic music!! And everyone thinks I'm weird...

I dont listen to music while studying because lyrics and tunes get stuck in my head...

even with instrumental tracks? that's all I listen to--ambient/classical/miscellaneous instrumental pieces. It makes the study experience much more pleasant.

also, if you want to listen to music in languages you don't understand, that's kind of cool too since you can't really 'catch' on to the lyrics. I don't mean folk Turkish or Bosnian if that's what you're into...that's cool too. I mean like DDR music in japanese or asian pop or anything else that floats your boad.

To wind up: 300 Soundtrack (esp. 'The Wolf')
To wind down: Miles Davis Columbia Recordings or Phil Collins Big Band Hot Night in Paris