1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Musings

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by shekspere, Jun 8, 2002.

1. shekspere

shekspere Member
    7+ Year Member

I am a graduating senior from Kent state
    University-Ohio. i wish to address the reoccuring theme of "top ten schools or bust". Granted, there are some "marginal" benefits to be gained from attending such schools i.e. a diplomat on your office wall that nobody will ever glance at but you, your spouse and kids. However, i believe that a lot of us choose to apply and attend such schools not for the prestige, potential professional connections, blah-blah-blah. BUT as a form of personal fulfillment (not to knock all other schools) i.e. if one's goal (short-sighted as you might find it) was to attend Harvard (no hate mail please) then i see no reason why such a person cannot do all he/she can to attend Harvard even if it entails retaking a wonderful MCAT. Provided he/she doesn't go overboard like ignoring other acceptances to retake it. Although, i did neither, i can understand such sentiments.

P.S: please tone down the anti-harvard sentiments. i am not attending the institution.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I sort of get the impression, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, that the people who do actually get into Harvard...didn't have to retake the MCAT.