Must Read For Future Doctors!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by OneStrongBro, Nov 27, 2002.

1. OneStrongBro

OneStrongBro Senior Member

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A DOCTOR? Chandler does a good job, below.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. highlighter

highlighter Junior Member

Oooo... I'm scared. :rolleyes:

4. Kovox

Kovox Going Places

Well, I have to disagree with something you said which is the "You can't lie" to yourself part.

I know some people who have lied to themselves for 6 years that they LIKE their profession but after 6 years they finally fessed up of hating it (Engineering). Hence, my utmost respect to non trads who come back to pursue their dream of becoming a doc cuz they KNOW for sure they want to be one.

If someone were to spend 4 years working towards becoming a physician, the self-fibbers will think "I've come this far! I can't stop now, that would mean I've wasted so much time." Other fibbers wouldn't know what to do with their science degrree and MAKE THEMSELVES THINK that they want to be a doctor. The biggest fear is not knowing what you want to do or where you're headed. A false goal is better than none.

Somtimes people like to themselves because they have no other options (time is ticking, all this debt)...and having no other options mean LYING to yourself that you like the memorization.

A miserable life? Yes I agree those who lie to themselves will have a miserable life. I am just glad most of my friends who were pre-meds and decided to drop it to follow their true loves --> being an artist, playing in a band...did so.

I think an important question to ask yourself when applying to medical school is: If I could wake up and do one thing, what would it be? Is this what I really want?

- just my opinion
    Stepping off the soap box now:D