Must you shadow a podiatrist.....?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adaggiote

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it necessary to shadow a poditrist in order to be considered for acceptance....what if you work as a medical assistant?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you have to, you won't be accepted without shadowing or without a letter of rec from a pod

***edit: my mistake, i think that these are the requirements of scholl- my first choice

Last edited:
Is it necessary to shadow a poditrist in order to be considered for acceptance....what if you work as a medical assistant?

Why would you want to spend 200K and 7 years of your life without at least seeing what its like to be a podiatrist?

Members don't see this ad :)
To answer your question simply, no its not necessary.

If you don't, and don't have a letter of rec from a Podiatrist, that will surely come up in your interview as to why you didn't do this and why you couldn't get a letter from a Pod.

If you have experience working with a Pod in your MA career, well then you are ahead of the game.

Good luck.

To answer your question simply, no its not necessary.

If you don't, and don't have a letter of rec from a Podiatrist, that will surely come up in your interview as to why you didn't do this and why you couldn't get a letter from a Pod.

If you have experience working with a Pod in your MA career, well then you are ahead of the game.

Good luck.

I disagree. As far as I know all schools require a letter from a podiatrist. There are exceptions for every rule, but the OP's chances of getting into schools without a letter are slim. When I interviewed at Temple, they for some reason (all the other schools got my letters) did not recieve any of my letters of rec. I was able to get an interview, but they would not accept me without the letter.

I disagree. As far as I know all schools require a letter from a podiatrist. There are exceptions for every rule, but the OP's chances of getting into schools without a letter are slim. When I interviewed at Temple, they for some reason (all the other schools got my letters) did not recieve any of my letters of rec. I was able to get an interview, but they would not accept me without the letter.

I see. I guess I stand corrected. This was not the case when I was a student helping to interview prospective students.

So in the app to Pod School one of the requirements is now a lor from a Pod? Is that what I am to understand?

I see. I guess I stand corrected. This was not the case when I was a student helping to interview prospective students.

So in the app to Pod School one of the requirements is now a lor from a Pod? Is that what I am to understand?

Yes I do believe so. I had my letters re-sent to Temple and the professor letters arrived first. But since they did not have a letter from a podiatrist they would not make their "final decision" until they recieved that letter.
Either way though. Applying and actually going through with any graduate school without shadowing or at least taking initiative to understand what the profession is really like could lead to disastrous consequences. There are good and "bad" parts about podiatry. Its important that the OP sees both.