MWU IL vs. USC ---> MWU IL!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davdango

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a California Resident and cost isn't an issue because HPSP.

Where would you go and why?

Members don't see this ad.

USC. LA is awesome, plus USC has a more established history. Any curriculum differences is pointless after 4 years in the Armed Forces.

USC. LA is awesome, plus USC has a more established history. Any curriculum differences is pointless after 4 years in the Armed Forces.
Thanks, good point!

Open to opinions and comments

Last edited:
If cost isn’t a concern, go to USC no questions asked. Patient population alone, and an established curriculum/clinical protocol would be enough for me to pursue USC. Add in location, and it’s a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That makes sense!

Members don't see this ad :)
Midwestern all the way. There is a great focus on clinical skills and no speciality residences so a lot more opportunities to see more advanced cases.

Midwestern all the way. There is a great focus on clinical skills and no speciality residences so a lot more opportunities to see more advanced cases.

While true, any of that will be negated after OP being in the Armed forces for 4 years working on a wide variety of cases.

Reactions: 1 user