My AADSAS Email Isn't Working

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

w4nt2baDDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For some reason my ucla.edu email has not been receiving any of the automated emails from schools. Case Western for instance withdrew my interview invite because I had not responded to 3 separate emails they have sent to me. None of these emails appear anywhere within my email account, I've checked every possible sub-folder category and actively used the search feature to see if it was somehow hidden. I simply never received the emails. I called them and they said "Okay, we'll send them again in 20-30 minutes" but that email never came through either. I emailed them and then only through their reply to my email was I able to receive the information necessary to schedule an interview.

The confusing issue though, I was receiving emails just fine at the beginning of July and actually got a notice from Case Western that said "Application Received." I haven't changed any setting on my email account. I thought my email issue may have been only for Case Western but I'm starting to suspect it's not.

Just today, Harvard appeared in my AADSAS portal but I did not receive any email notification. When I went to the Harvard specific school thread I can see that other applicants also received an "application received" type email today along with their AADSAS portal change.

In July I received emails from UCSF, UCLA, UoP and a couple other schools but I believe and know emails have not been received recently.

What's the best way to fix this? Call each school and let them know there is an issue? Change my email on AADSAS (will changing it change the ones the schools already have on record?)? I don't want to make a tricky situation worse but think something needs to be done.

What do you guys think?

Edit: I also wanted to state that I have triple checked my email listed in AADSAS and it is definitely the correct address, especially since In the past I did receive email updates from schools. Also, other emails such as "DAT question of the day", student loans, and even certain SDN Notifications emails are all received each day and are not having a problem.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Call UCLA IT department. Fix it at the source rather than running around trying to fix it in other places

Members don't see this ad :)
I know exactly what you mean with the g.ucla.edu email. This is why I never use mine for anything but crap UCLA spams me about my major. The filter must be ridiculous...I'd definitely have somebody at UCLA try to fix the problem on your email's end rather than scrambling to explain the situation to each school individually. Of course if they can't fix it, that can be plan b. You said you received an email from UoP on July 1 - mind if I ask what that was about? Confirmation of receiving your app (assuming you were first batch or something)?

Change the email, contact all of the schools you applied to.
Yahoo is working fine for me.

I had the same issue with the UCLA filters- I ended up changing the email on AADSAS and then contacting schools that I missed notifications from. I also changed the UCLA email so that all messages get forwarded to my other email (just in case schools contact the Ucla email)

Thank you for the replies! I called the UCLA IT department and they are pretty much scratching their heads clueless "from what we can tell, you should be receiving all of your email."

They want me to call each school and see if they received a bounced email notice and then for me to ask them to forward the error message to me so I can forward the error message to them... Not exactly up for that

Change the email, contact all of the schools you applied to.
Yahoo is working fine for me.

I had the same issue with the UCLA filters- I ended up changing the email on AADSAS and then contacting schools that I missed notifications from. I also changed the UCLA email so that all messages get forwarded to my other email (just in case schools contact the Ucla email)

Yup, I'm going to have to do this tonight after work and notify all the schools. What a hassle! Hopefully I'll be able to rectify this issue and get this hurdle behind me.

It's sad that this is a common occurrence for UCLA...

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the replies! I called the UCLA IT department and they are pretty much scratching their heads clueless "from what we can tell, you should be receiving all of your email."

They want me to call each school and see if they received a bounced email notice and then for me to ask them to forward the error message to me so I can forward the error message to them... Not exactly up for that

Yup, I'm going to have to do this tonight after work and notify all the schools. What a hassle! Hopefully I'll be able to rectify this issue and get this hurdle behind me.

It's sad that this is a common occurrence for UCLA...

Definitely frustrating! If it helps I received emails from: BU, UCLA, UCSF, UOP, UPenn, Western, NYU, Pittsburgh (using the ucla email)
However I didn't receive emails from Columbia, Temple when I was using the UCLA email... and did not receive any contact from Temple until I changed my email (after I contacted them repeatedly about the problem).
And no contact from USC (beyond changed AADSAS status) but I think that's universal

As you might have seen, I almost missed a Upenn invite because my byu.edu email wasn't receiving anything.

We actually have a website where you can check your university filter and see what went there and I had about 6 from different schools.

Oddly enough I haven't received the Harvard email yet either and it's not in that filter folder...

As you might have seen, I almost missed a Upenn invite because my byu.edu email wasn't receiving anything.

We actually have a website where you can check your university filter and see what went there and I had about 6 from different schools.

Oddly enough I haven't received the Harvard email yet either and it's not in that filter folder...

The filter isn't set on your end, it's set on the university's end, and it's done automatically. Odds are your IT department wouldn't be able to see which filters they had but someone that deals with email accounts in your IT would be able to white-list each individual school but that's a bit of a hassle.

The filter isn't set on your end, it's set on the university's end, and it's done automatically. Odds are your IT department wouldn't be able to see which filters they had but someone that deals with email accounts in your IT would be able to white-list each individual school but that's a bit of a hassle.

Our email just forwards you can't send emails from it.

But we have a website I went to and I can manually look through my university's email spam and can decide what doesn't get caught there and forwards to my email.

Our email just forwards you can't send emails from it.

But we have a website I went to and I can manually look through my university's email spam and can decide what doesn't get caught there and forwards to my email.
Ah okay well even if it's just a forwarding server, it has the same rules as a regular email. Were you able to see if their was a filter on the university's side? I actually work a lot with university accounts and emails and stuff so most of the time that this happens it's like an automatic server thing. But thanks for creating the thread, I actually changed my email on ADDSAS and notified all my schools.

Glad I reached out to the schools and now have the email issue pretty much worked out. Penn had to resend an interview invite and several other schools sent me "we have received your application and it's currently under review" emails. I'm still trying to get in touch with Harvard though, the number they listed keeps taking me to voicemail and they have't replied to the email I sent them. I'm sure I'll be able to work things out with them pretty soon though.

I'm just glad I have been able to tie up a few loose ends and no longer feel like I'm lost in cyber space lol

Thanks for the help everyone!

Is it normal to not receive any emails or be contacted by UCLA. UCSF, or USC given that my mail out date was 8/7? My DAT scores are in the process of being sent (was taken 8/12). I went to UC Davis so I am also worried about this email filtering issue.

I have received emails from all other schools.