My AAMC Scores - Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

remedy23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm testing on Sept. 12, and I just took the AAMC Official Guide & AAMC FL. Here are my scores:

AAMC Official Guide:
C/P - 24/30 (80%)
B/B - 24/30 (80%)
CARS - 25/30 (83%)
P/S - 22/30 (73%)

AAMC Practice FL:
C/P - 48/59 (81%)
B/B - 47/59 (80%)
CARS - 40/53 (75%)
P/S - 49/59 (83%)

Any idea where this puts me for the real thing? I am a little disappointed in my CARS score (I was very tired in the last 2 passages, and they seemed tough), seeing as how people say that the CARS on the AAMC FL is much easier than the real exam, which has me worried. Should I consider postponing it? A good score in CARS is the most important part of my application.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would look at your other FL scores and see where you stand. Do some heavy concept review if you feel like you need to, and keep practising :) Do you usually do well in CARS? I would only consider postponing if you aren't confident that you'l hit your target on test day.. I am also testing on Sept 12..I haven't done the AAMC FL yet but I've been doing other FL's and getting average scores.. :/ But i hear that the testing companies make their tests harder so I'm just going to do some concept review, more practice, and take the AAMC FL tomorrow and see...

Reactions: 1 users
I would look at your other FL scores and see where you stand. Do some heavy concept review if you feel like you need to, and keep practising :) Do you usually do well in CARS? I would only consider postponing if you aren't confident that you'l hit your target on test day.. I am also testing on Sept 12..I haven't done the AAMC FL yet but I've been doing other FL's and getting average scores.. :/ But i hear that the testing companies make their tests harder so I'm just going to do some concept review, more practice, and take the AAMC FL tomorrow and see...

CARS is a mixed bag for me, on AAMC QPack1 I got 78%, and I'm doing a little better on AAMC QPack 2 (haven't finished yet). However, once in a while, I will get nailed by a passage. I hate to say it, but I feel like a lot of it will come down to luck depending on the mix of passages I get.

It's true that companies make their tests harder, take the AAMC FL soon to see where you're at!

Members don't see this ad :)
CARS is a mixed bag for me, on AAMC QPack1 I got 78%, and I'm doing a little better on AAMC QPack 2 (haven't finished yet). However, once in a while, I will get nailed by a passage. I hate to say it, but I feel like a lot of it will come down to luck depending on the mix of passages I get.

It's true that companies make their tests harder, take the AAMC FL soon to see where you're at!

I feel the same way. I've been getting low-mid 70's on all my cars (75%on aamc) and it's a bit alarming to see everyone say the real deal cars is much more difficult.