• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

My AAMC Scores - Advice?

remedy23

5+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2014
    Hey guys, I'm testing on Sept. 12, and I just took the AAMC Official Guide & AAMC FL. Here are my scores:

AAMC Official Guide:
    C/P - 24/30 (80%)
    B/B - 24/30 (80%)
    CARS - 25/30 (83%)
    P/S - 22/30 (73%)

AAMC Practice FL:
    C/P - 48/59 (81%)
    B/B - 47/59 (80%)
    CARS - 40/53 (75%)
    P/S - 49/59 (83%)

Any idea where this puts me for the real thing? I am a little disappointed in my CARS score (I was very tired in the last 2 passages, and they seemed tough), seeing as how people say that the CARS on the AAMC FL is much easier than the real exam, which has me worried. Should I consider postponing it? A good score in CARS is the most important part of my application.

Last edited:

howlcat

Aug 28, 2015
    1. Pre-Medical
      I would look at your other FL scores and see where you stand. Do some heavy concept review if you feel like you need to, and keep practising :) Do you usually do well in CARS? I would only consider postponing if you aren't confident that you'l hit your target on test day.. I am also testing on Sept 12..I haven't done the AAMC FL yet but I've been doing other FL's and getting average scores.. :/ But i hear that the testing companies make their tests harder so I'm just going to do some concept review, more practice, and take the AAMC FL tomorrow and see...

Reactions: 1 users

remedy23

5+ Year Member
      Jun 17, 2014
        I would look at your other FL scores and see where you stand. Do some heavy concept review if you feel like you need to, and keep practising :) Do you usually do well in CARS? I would only consider postponing if you aren't confident that you'l hit your target on test day.. I am also testing on Sept 12..I haven't done the AAMC FL yet but I've been doing other FL's and getting average scores.. :/ But i hear that the testing companies make their tests harder so I'm just going to do some concept review, more practice, and take the AAMC FL tomorrow and see...

CARS is a mixed bag for me, on AAMC QPack1 I got 78%, and I'm doing a little better on AAMC QPack 2 (haven't finished yet). However, once in a while, I will get nailed by a passage. I hate to say it, but I feel like a lot of it will come down to luck depending on the mix of passages I get.

It's true that companies make their tests harder, take the AAMC FL soon to see where you're at!

About the Ads

FutureD.O

5+ Year Member
        Aug 6, 2014
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          CARS is a mixed bag for me, on AAMC QPack1 I got 78%, and I'm doing a little better on AAMC QPack 2 (haven't finished yet). However, once in a while, I will get nailed by a passage. I hate to say it, but I feel like a lot of it will come down to luck depending on the mix of passages I get.

It's true that companies make their tests harder, take the AAMC FL soon to see where you're at!

I feel the same way. I've been getting low-mid 70's on all my cars (75%on aamc) and it's a bit alarming to see everyone say the real deal cars is much more difficult.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.