MY AMCAS HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED TO MED SCHOOLS!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from my state university med school notifying me that they have received my information, confirmation number etc. from AMCAS and that they apologize for all the application frustrations. I guess July 15th was a "safe" guess for them. I submitted my app June 28th. But hey, I also got my MCATs a week ahead of schedule so who knows. May all your AMCAS's be transmitted swiftly :)

Members don't see this ad.

what school?

I also was notified by Ohio State today that my AMCAS application has been transmitted to them and they are going to review it.

I was actually surprised to get that email, as I figured it would take a few more weeks before anything happened.

I submitted the primary AMCAS on June 29th. I am assuming this means that I dont have to call AMCAS to check on my transcripts now. I believe I sent them around early June.

Watch your email folks the transmission process has begun finally :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my AMCAS application on June 22nd. Besides any discrepancies (which there shouldn't be any), is there a reason why mine would not have been transmitted? They have received all of my info, payment, and transcripts. To those that have had their applications transmitted, does your printed page have a date processed yet? Thanks.

I received my confirmation to OSU today too. Baylor, I guess you're right... this probably means that other schools have received our applications as well, or if they haven't they probably will very soon. Things are looking up! This, after submitting and resubmitting just a few days ago. I guess that resubmitting doesn't put your app at the bottom.

Could everyone who has received notification of transmition check the AMCAS online app under "print application" and see if it says anything about the processing there? I just checked mine and I still have yet to be processed...

Originally posted by rxfudd:
•Could everyone who has received notification of transmition check the AMCAS online app under "print application" and see if it says anything about the processing there? I just checked mine and I still have yet to be processed...•

hey. Do you have the submission date when you print application?

what the!!!i submitted mine on the 24th of june and nothing yet...hum, i had over 300 credit hours, i wonder if that was a problem...

out of curiosity, was the state school that kmy heard from also ohio state?

i also submitted on the 24th and i haven't heard anything yet (and no 'date processed' on my app print-out either). it's possible that ohio state isn't having the problems with application downloading that other schools are and that is why people who have applied there have been notified about the receipt of their materials.

have those of you who heard from OSU also heard from other schools?

Originally posted by sandflea:
•out of curiosity, was the state school that kmy heard from also ohio state?

i also submitted on the 24th and i haven't heard anything yet (and no 'date processed' on my app print-out either). it's possible that ohio state isn't having the problems with application downloading that other schools are and that is why people who have applied there have been notified about the receipt of their materials.

have those of you who heard from OSU also heard from other schools?•

I dont know about other people, but my application printout still says:

Date Processed: N/A
Date Submitted: 06/29
Date Certified: N/A

This in spite of the fact that they have transmitted it already. I emailed Ohio State back just to make sure they actually got the whole application and not just some preliminary notice from AMCAS that I would be applying there in the future.

I have not received notice from any other schools yet (I'm applying to 31 total this year).

If anybody gets notices from any other schools, please post it here.

At this point, date certified and date processed fields are meaningless. Only way to know if your application is being processed is by phone to AMCAS. I just got email notification from Rochester. They have only received my name, address, and email from AMCAS. They are sending all applicants their secondary. They are still having difficulty with receiving the full application transmission from AMCAS.

baylor21 et al.: Are you guys VERY sure that your app has been fully transmitted to OSU? I also applied there and got their email, and even though I submitted my app on June 22, it has not been processed nor transmitted. Here is what OSU told me, did y'all get the same email?

Mr. **********
AAMC ID: ********

Dear ********,

Our Admissions Office has received notification from the Association of American
Medical Colleges Application Service (AMCAS) that you have submitted an
application to The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to reviewing your application.

As you are well aware, in this first year of the new AMCAS 2002 web-based
application, the process has been extremely difficult and frustrating. We
appreciate your patience with the AMCAS application process.

I want to assure you The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public
Health is committed to ensuring that your application receives full and accurate
consideration. Our Admissions staff will work diligently to ensure this, and
plans to communicate with you through the use of e-mail to verify the accuracy
of your materials. As circumstances require, we may need to communicate with
you, and ask that you monitor your e-mail closely for updates on this process.
In addition, you can gain additional information by monitoring our web site at http://medicine.osu.edu/admissions.

AMCAS has provided us with your AMCAS ID number and personal information as
shown above. Please contact our office at [email protected] if any of this
information is incorrect.

Again, thank you for your interest in The Ohio State University College of
Medicine and Public Health.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Notestine, Ph.D.

Assistant Dean--Admissions and Records,
Executive Director--Medical Alumni Society,
Clinical Assistant Professor--Division of Health Behavior
and Health Promotion

270 Meiling Hall
370 West Ninth Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210-1238
(614) 292-7137 (Admissions)
(614) 292-5671 (Alumni)
(614) 247-7959 (FAX)
[email protected]

Yup, it was OSU I heard from as well. My thinking is that AMCAS got smart :rolleyes: and went ahead and sent along our basic necessary info to the med schools where we applied so that at least we could get secondaries underway. Although that goes contrary to what was posted by baylor21:

"I emailed Ohio State back just to make sure they actually got the whole application and not just some preliminary notice from AMCAS that I would be applying there in the future."

Did you get a reply Baylor21? Either way... There is a bright side and a down side. Good side: they are trying to help us out?, the process is moving somewhat, we will get secondaries etc. Down side: perhaps they realize things are totally @%?!ed and they are doing this to tide us and the med schools over while they figure out what to do next? I don't mean to panic anyone, and Im certainly disappointed that the entire applications MAY not have been transmitted. I'm just curious if anyone has any insight on this or more direct info from adcoms etc. Hopefully everything will all be sorted out by the time our secondaries are sent back to the schools, then everything will be okay?

Members don't see this ad :)
Smoke,

Yes thats the email I got. I noticed that them email is also posted on their website.

The more I think about it, the more I realize its probably not really transmitted yet.

My theory: AMCAS simply sent an email to Ohio State notifying them of all the applicants who were applying, but did NOT yet officially transmit their applications to them.

But I also found the following statement from the OSU admissions office on their website that indicates that they contact people when they have received the primary AMCAS application.

"Applicants who designate The Ohio State University on the transmittal sheet of the AMCAS application will be notified when their credentials are received. Final applications and additional application materials from the College of Medicine are automatically forwarded to those applicants who are chosen for further consideration. An application fee of $30 is charged for further processing and is due with the submission of The Ohio State University forms."

I emailed them already about this (Ohio State, not AMCAS) so I will let you know when I hear back from them.

I knew this whole thing was probably too good to be true. kmy is right, AMCAS is probalby just trying to get the schools to start initiating their own procedures because they realize the web transmittal is hopeless. :mad:

Uh oh, looks like my worst fears are confirmed :mad:

I just received this email from Rochester:

Dear Applicant:
>
> Due to technical difficulties we have experienced in receiving application
> transmissions from AMCAS, AMCAS has provided us with your name and
> address so that we may send our supplemental application to you in
> advance. It would help us greatly to know if you applied for the MD/PhD
> program so that you receive the appropriate application information.
> Please let us know as soon as possible (preferably no later than Friday,
> July 13) if you need the MD/PhD application.
>
> I would also like to take this time to remind you that you must be a U.S.
> citizen or permanent resident of the United States to be eligible to apply
> for admission to the MD program at Rochester. If you are a foreign
> citizen or have not obtained permanent residency status, please let us
> know.
>
> We appreciate the difficulties and frustrations you may have experienced
> thus far, and hope to facilitate the application process for you. We will
> contact you again via e-mail when your application is complete.
>
> Sincerely,
>
>
> Judy Marshall
> Admissions Coordinator
> University of Rochester
> School of Medicine & Dentistry
> 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 601A
> 716-275-4539; FAX: 716-756-5479
> [email protected]

Looks like some of the schools are just trying to speed up the secondary process. Dang and I actually thought I would be through this AMCAS mess soon.

Originally posted by baylor21:
•Smoke,

Yes thats the email I got. I noticed that them email is also posted on their website.

The more I think about it, the more I realize its probably not really transmitted yet.

My theory: AMCAS simply sent an email to Ohio State notifying them of all the applicants who were applying, but did NOT yet officially transmit their applications to them.

But I also found the following statement from the OSU admissions office on their website that indicates that they contact people when they have received the primary AMCAS application.

"Applicants who designate The Ohio State University on the transmittal sheet of the AMCAS application will be notified when their credentials are received. Final applications and additional application materials from the College of Medicine are automatically forwarded to those applicants who are chosen for further consideration. An application fee of $30 is charged for further processing and is due with the submission of The Ohio State University forms."

I emailed them already about this (Ohio State, not AMCAS) so I will let you know when I hear back from them.

I knew this whole thing was probably too good to be true. kmy is right, AMCAS is probalby just trying to get the schools to start initiating their own procedures because they realize the web transmittal is hopeless. :mad:
Thanks for your response. It really is hard to say whether or not OSU has our info given the message that you posted about notifying us when credentials are received. I suspect, though, as you do that if AMCAS says they haven't transmitted, then this is probably just a preliminary move by OSU who only knows the identities of applicants. Still, I'm eager to hear their response to you. Best of luck in the application process there.

Originally posted by Smoke This:
Originally posted by baylor21:
[qb]Smoke,

Thanks for your response. It really is hard to say whether or not OSU has our info given the message that you posted about notifying us when credentials are received. I suspect, though, as you do that if AMCAS says they haven't transmitted, then this is probably just a preliminary move by OSU who only knows the identities of applicants. Still, I'm eager to hear their response to you. Best of luck in the application process there.[/QB]

Smoke,

I just got an email reply from Rochester indicating that there are problems with the electronic submittal.

See my post on the previous page of this thread.

Looks like we'll be going through this with all the schools.

after reading the OSU email posted here by someone else, i'm thinking that, like others noted, this is actually a very bad sign. first AMCAS tells us that they are optimistic about submitting apps by July 15th. and now, only several days before the 15th, they're asking schools to go ahead and send secondaries out?? if they truly believed that they would be ready to submit by the 15th, why would AMCAS have made this move? they still have a few days to address minor problems, but the fact that they've gone ahead and sent basic info to schools implies to me that they are a long way off (maybe weeks) from actually having their software ready to transmit apps. so even though we may be able to get secondaries back to these schools, schools still may not have our AMCAS info, which has the most crucial stuff, and our apps will not be able to be reviewed anyway.

i hate to sound like the voice of doom on here, but this was my thought process as i was reading that email. :D i didn't apply to either of these schools (rochester or OSU--actually took rochester off my list at the last second) but if i hear anything i'll let y'all know.

man, this is crazy. i'm trying to plan a last-minute vacation and i figured that it would be weeks before secondaries would start to come in, but now i have no idea what to do!

Originally posted by sandflea:
•after reading the OSU email posted here by someone else, i'm thinking that, like others noted, this is actually a very bad sign. first AMCAS tells us that they are optimistic about submitting apps by July 15th. and now, only several days before the 15th, they're asking schools to go ahead and send secondaries out?? if they truly believed that they would be ready to submit by the 15th, why would AMCAS have made this move? they still have a few days to address minor problems, but the fact that they've gone ahead and sent basic info to schools implies to me that they are a long way off (maybe weeks) from actually having their software ready to transmit apps. so even though we may be able to get secondaries back to these schools, schools still may not have our AMCAS info, which has the most crucial stuff, and our apps will not be able to be reviewed anyway.

i hate to sound like the voice of doom on here, but this was my thought process as i was reading that email. :D i didn't apply to either of these schools (rochester or OSU--actually took rochester off my list at the last second) but if i hear anything i'll let y'all know.

man, this is crazy. i'm trying to plan a last-minute vacation and i figured that it would be weeks before secondaries would start to come in, but now i have no idea what to do!•

I hear you sandflea. My guess is that we will have to print out copies of our AMCAS and submit them directly to the schools if this is not resolved by the end of July (similar to the alternate procedure being used at Yale this year).

Hey my first message. This forums is great for tips and latest info. I too receieved the Rochester email and submitted July 6th. It seems that AMCAS has at least received applications up to that point!

My take is that AMCAS has successfully received my app, although on the printout, it says "Date processed: N/A; Date submitted: N/A, Date certified: N/A." Thus, it is obvious the printout is full of bugs! DO NOT TRUST THE PRINTOUT! Whether AMCAS has transmitted our full app, I'm not sure, but at least they've GOTTEN my app. And so this serves at least some form of a confirmation that they have received my app.

Originally posted by moo:
•My take is that AMCAS has successfully received my app, although on the printout, it says "Date processed: N/A; Date submitted: N/A, Date certified: N/A." Thus, it is obvious the printout is full of bugs! DO NOT TRUST THE PRINTOUT! Whether AMCAS has transmitted our full app, I'm not sure, but at least they've GOTTEN my app. And so this serves at least some form of a confirmation that they have received my app.•

thanks for your info. I will simply not look at my printed app for a while.

Hey. I submitted on June 23rd. My date certified on my prinout is June 26th. I have received now word from any schools. I happened to email 5 of the schools I applied to today (Minnesota, Minnesota-Duluth, Iowa, Wake Forest, and Vermont), and 4 have emailed back that they are not sending out secondaries before AMCAS apps are received. They all said that they do not plan to alter their admissions process/timetable at this time. It sounds like not all schools plan to send out secondaries before AMCAS are received. If anyone hears anything about any of the following schools, please post.
Minnesota
Minnesota-Duluth
Iowa
Wake Forest
Vermont
Finch
Loyola
Pritzker
Med College of WI
SLU

Thanks.

How is any of this possible? Amcas just told me that they haven't sent anything to any schools up to this point (from any applicant), and that it would be another couple of weeks!?! What the heck is goin on?

My AMCAS info (probably only email address and my name) has been transmitted to Yale.

I received an email notice just now.

Hey all. I just got an email from one of my schools (UMD), and they have received my name from AMCAS. The email didn't really say what they were doing (whether they will send a secondary, etc.), but at least one med school (and one of my top choices!) has my name. That has to be good, right? Better than being in the dark for 6-8 weeks, i guess.

Originally posted by legi2000:
•My AMCAS info (probably only email address and my name) has been transmitted to Yale.

I received an email notice.. •

I got the same one about the same time. Weird thing is that I had just emailed them the day before about getting additional info in the mail (a copy of that Yale Medicine magazine, some MD/MPH info if they had it etc..)
so I wasn't sure if they were responding to THAT email, or if this was something everyone else was getting. Obviously, legi2000 and others got it. Legi, you see my 'clean and easy' yale supplemental certification form? Just something I threw together to streamline it for everyone else..

Originally posted by USeF the Bull:
•I got the same one about the same time. Weird thing is that I had just emailed them the day before about getting additional info in the mail (a copy of that Yale Medicine magazine, some MD/MPH info if they had it etc..)
so I wasn't sure if they were responding to THAT email, or if this was something everyone else was getting. Obviously, legi2000 and others got it. Legi, you see my 'clean and easy' yale supplemental certification form? Just something I threw together to streamline it for everyone else..•

I tried it. I thought it was pretty neat!
I will be doing all my secondary applications right after my August MCAT.

FYI-OSU called AMCAS on their own to get applicants' names, emails, and ID numbers. AMCAS hasn't even been able to transmit the test information to the Ohio schools, at least, as of Monday, July 16th. So, as of yesterday, no one's application has hit a med school.