My apology to forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych844

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to make a quick apology. It's not an excuse but I've been under a lot of pressure lately (and some major things have happened recently), and I've been way too combative and disrespectful on the forum. I really enjoy this forum and the people on here. I really do value all of your opinions (or I wouldn't be such an active poster). I'm dissapointed in my behavior from the last few days, and I hope you guys can forgive me for being quite disrespectful. I understand that I'm just some random person on the internet, but I do notice I've really rubbed some people the wrong way, and I def feel bad about it.

You guys have taught me so much about the application process, and answered specific questions I've had about your clinical work, and I've learned a lot. I'm def open to learning, and if there is ever something to criticize..I'll do it at a time that makes sense..when I see the process for myself and have the actual training to be able to make statements i've made.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
@psych844, I'm speaking on behalf of the Forum: We accept your apology.

I have not been on here lately, but noticed a change in your tone that seemed uncharacteristic of your past postings so was going to ask :wtf:.

There is much experiential learning (about yourself and how you relate to others) that occurs simultaneously with the academics when you go through doctoral training. It's good that you're noticing changes in yourself because NONE of us will ever know everything (no duh, right?), so just be open to opposing opinions, especially those who've had dozens and dozens of years of experience combined.

Hope things get better. And a healthy debate is always great, especially when you finally agree to disagree instead of putting each other down, IMO.‎ :):pompous:

Reactions: 2 users
@psych844, I'm speaking on behalf of the Forum: We accept your apology.

I have not been on here lately, but noticed a change in your tone that seemed uncharacteristic of your past postings so was going to ask :wtf:.

There is much experiential learning (about yourself and how you relate to others) that occurs simultaneously with the academics when you go through doctoral training. It's good that you're noticing changes in yourself because NONE of us will ever know everything (no duh, right?), so just be open to opposing opinions, especially those who've had dozens and dozens of years of experience combined.

Hope things get better. And a healthy debate is always great, especially when you finally agree to disagree instead of putting each other down, IMO.‎ :):pompous:

Thanks a lot for this post..much appreciated :)

Reactions: 1 user